Scientific Applications & Research Associates, Inc. (SARA) is a world-class Defense Research and Development enterprise, with a charter to create technology innovations in support of America’s providers and defenders. We have expertise in electromagnetic and acoustic sensors and detection systems; directed energy technologies; automated test data management signal processing; small robotics; and renewable and alternative energy generation.
SARA, Inc. is currently looking for a Facility and Lab Technician Intern who has knowledge of electrical and mechanical assembly, logistics and assistance in project-based work, etc. The right candidates will be a team player, with a positive attitude, skilled, efficient, and reliable.
- Constructing, maintaining, and testing electrical and mechanical systems, components, equipment, etc.
- Using measuring and diagnostic tools to test and modify electronic systems.
- Documenting various procedures and design specifications.
- Assisting in facilities and lab-related needs.
- Providing administrative support to security, safety and facilities staff; performing general clerical duties including, but not limited to document creation, photocopying, scanning, faxing, and filing.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in moving, preparing, and conducting project tests.
- Escorting external vendors and contractors working onsite.
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine facts-based information
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Ability to organize, prioritize workload efficiently
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, the public and outside vendors
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Able to lift up to 45 lbs
What’s in it for you?
- We offer health benefits (medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance)
- PTO (vacation, sick, holiday)
- Tuition reimbursement & certification
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee project bonuses
- 401(k)/profit sharing, and stock ownership
Salaries at SARA are competitive and are commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the individual. SARA is headquartered in the Los Angeles/Orange County area of Southern California and has offices in San Juan Capistrano, California, Colorado Springs, Colorado and Tyler, Texas.
SARA, Inc. is an EEOC/Title VII/ADA compliant federally contracted employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Also, as a federal contractor, SARA must abide by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and maintains a drug-free workplace regardless of local and state allowance.
U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. (www.SARA.com)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location
- Flexible schedule