Williams Consulting LLC is seeking candidates for a Workday Date Migration Lead (contractual position) who can work onsite in Baltimore, MD. City Agency: Baltimore City Office of Information & Technology (BCIT) Duration: 6 months with possible extension.
Williams Consulting LLC is an 8a, HUBZone and Woman-owned Small Business with Federal, State, Local and Commercial clients. We take great pride in our ability to provide exceptional customer service and we value our employees and recognize their contributions to the success of our clients and our company.
To be considered applications must be received within 72 hours of this posting.
The Workday Data Migration Lead is a key resource for the client as they move from legacy systems to Workday. This person will have excellent communication skills as they work with the functional leads and SME’s to determine the data to be moved into Workday. This person will communicate conversion solutions across the project, products and the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing technical knowledge and expertise related to current systems.
- Lead the data mapping activities from the legacy systems to Workday with support from Client functional leads and SMEs.
- Build the data migration programs from legacy systems.
- Lead data validation activities.
- Manage teams in the identification of technical requirements, design, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Design, Build, Implement, and Support New and Existing Conversions Solutions across Multiple Applications Platform.
- Communicate conversion Solutions across project, product, business and quality assurance.
- Formulate planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting strategies.
- Manage resources and budget on client projects.
- Assist and drive the team by providing oversight.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Experience within Workday or similar SaaS based ERP packages.
- Experience with data migration and management projects from beginning to end. Experience with data management activities on a cloud platform is a plus.
- Technical development experience with database programming languages and concepts (e.g. ETL, P/L-SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Views, etc.).
- Technical development experience with object-oriented programming languages and concepts (e.g. C#, Java, C , etc.).
- Technical development experience with Web Services, SOAP and REST APIs (e.g. XML, XSD, XSLT, J-SON, etc.).
- Familiarity with ERP / Human Resources and Financial data (e.g., Job, Benefits, Time Tracking, Payroll, GL, Invoices, Payments, etc.).
- Data modeling and solution design experience.
- Previous consulting experience implementing software solutions.
- Ability to accurately scope, adjust when requirements change, and accurately allocate level of effort for tasks.
- Ability to work well with a team of highly talented software professionals in a rapid development environment.
- Experience with large data sets.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- 6 years of relevant consulting or industry experience.
- 2 years of experience leading work streams or small teams.
- 2 years of SaaS/Cloud based ERP.
- 4 years of hands-on ETL/data pipeline development experience, leveraging industry-standard tools.
- Design, develop, and implement high-quality data migration solutions in order to meet project expectations and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems, Web Services APIs, and SQL with an emphasis on ETL, performance tuning, and analytics use cases.
- Familiarity programming in languages commonly used for data management and data science/statistics, such as Python.
- Collaborate across teams for mapping data from legacy systems, transforming data, loading data, and building custom data migration solutions.
- Support and lead other team members on projects.
- Utilize your excellent problem-solving skills to meet business requirements with technical solutions.
- Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills; an innate ability to utilize all resources at your disposal to find a creative solution to a problem, whether business/functional or technical in nature.
- A desire to take initiative and continuously work on improving the products you are responsible for.
- A general interest in relevant emerging technologies such as cloud-native services, and a constant thirst to further your own technical abilities.
- Hands-on experience with full suite of software lifecycle tools (Confluence, ALM, Jira, Stash, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience