Work and Family Life Consultants provide one-on-one consultation, information and referral, classroom training, workshops and seminars in support of the education and training component of Fleet and Family Support Program (FFSP) programs and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a wide range of programs and services to the FFSP
- Demonstrate knowledge in all FFSP program areas with specialized knowledge in one or two program areas
- Conduct training classes for Sailors and family members
- Provide specific information on resources available
- Work individually with clients where appropriate
- Ensure all information and referral, one-on-one, and group education services provided are entered and counted in Fleet and Family Support Management Information Systems (FFSMIS)
- Ensure all programs and services scheduled and delivered are in the automated Centralized
- Scheduling and metrics system in use by the FFSP
- Provide support related to disaster preparedness and response
- Other duties as assigned
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related behavioral science field OR a combination of social science education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree OR Four years’ equivalent experience
- Experience making presentations and facilitating training for
large and small groups
- Knowledge of the formulation and execution of needs assessment tools
- Knowledge of the military and the challenges of the military life style
- Knowledge of social services and/or education delivery systems
- Skilled in providing individual education as well as group facilitation
- Knowledge of the tenets of adult education and the development of training curricula based on the adult learning model
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to use verbal and written communication skills effectively
- Ability to conduct program evaluations and use those evaluations to improve program effectiveness
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software and demonstrated
ability to use software to prepare management reports and provide
Other Skills and Abilities
This position requires access to U.S. Government facilities and systems. U.S. Citizenship, a valid driver's license, transportation, and auto insurance are required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner;
Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and
consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts
responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Physical Demands: Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This position may require overseas travel and training delivery at sea in support of the Return and Reunion Program.
Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer