Nielson Construction & Materials, a CRH Company, is a member of the CRH Americas Materials West Division. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Last Revised Date:
October 15, 2018
Seeking a truck driver in Moab/Crescent Junction, Utah. The Truck Driver for the Moab Uranium Mill Tailings Remedial Action (UMTRA) Project safely operates trucks for the receiving, loading, and transporting low-level radioactive waste tailings at the Moab and Crescent Junction sites. Equipment may include 35/40 ton articulated dump trucks, water trucks, Sterling/Kenworth haul trucks, service trucks, etc. performing the following duties in a Radiological Contaminated Area.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Performing all duties in accordance with project policies and procedures, and complying with all federal, state, and local regulations for secure and safe operation.
- Conducting a thorough inspection of the equipment assigned.
- Safely operating tractor trailer equipment in different configurations as assigned.
- Ensuring the containers are properly secured or re-secured.
- Properly completing all necessary paperwork as required by project procedures and federal, state, and local laws.
- Performing work required in a timely manner and maintaining adequate production in order to meet service schedules.
- Subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 3 years of experience operating and driving construction-related trucks as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to qualify as a DOE Rad Worker II and complete qualification as a 40 Hr OSHA HAZWOPER Worker.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment HAZWOPER physical.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license, CDL preferred but not required.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 lbs alone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is in a radiological contaminated area. Must have the ability to wear and work in different types of personal protective equipment (half-face, full-face respirators, tyvek, gloves, etc) while performing various task/activities (e.g., climbing, walking, stopping etc.) in different work environments (e.g., cold, heat, etc).. Most of the work is performed in the field, so one must be able to follow the Radiological program the site mandates. This position is a Monday through Thursday 6:30 am to 5:00 pm 10 hour shifts with little or no overtime.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Nielson Construction & Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.