Teller Role Responsibilities
Perform transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with high degree of accuracy. Maintain accurate transactional records, providing basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with credit union policies and procedures. Cross-sells all Credit Union products and services.
- greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate and efficient member transactions;
- receive share draft/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement and enter deposits into computer records;
- cash share drafts/checks and process withdrawals, pay out money after verification of identity and member balances;
- maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by Tellers. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures;
- promote, explain, and cross-sell other credit union services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates, safe deposit boxes, debit and credit cards, on-line banking, traveler’s checks, checking accounts, money markets, and money orders;
- post all mailed checks, for deposit, to accounts. Must be accurate and pay close attention to detail;
- when all mailed deposits are posted the mail teller will be responsible for covering needed areas of the teller department;
- receive consumer loan and other payments and ensure the payments match balances due, enter payments accurately into the computer and generate proper member receipts;
- place hold on accounts for uncollected funds in accordance with Reg CC regulations and credit union policies and procedures;
- handle all member information in a confidential manner;
- count, check and package coins and currency;
- receive and process credit card advances and payments;
- balance cash drawer at the end of the shift, compare totaled amounts to computer generated proof sheet, report any discrepancies to the supervisor and film checks;
- ensure that the Teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.;
- assist the lead teller in opening and closing duties;
- sell money orders, travelers checks, bank checks, and cashier’s checks;
- receive and process business account deposits and business loans payments;
- receive and process business TT&L payments;
- receive and process mortgage payments;
- fully embrace and embody Texas Trust Core Values as listed above;
- perform various other duties as assigned.
- Six (6) months experience as a Teller or one (1) year experience with cash handling;
- General knowledge of Windows OS and MS Office software is required.
- High school graduate, equivalent or demonstrated qualifying experience with successful completion of business or mathematics courses.
Texas Trust Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.