The Talent Management Business Partner, CA Offices will work collaboratively with attorneys, management, and business professionals in the California offices to deliver value added service, aligned with strategic direction, vision and values of the office and Firm.
The Talent Management Business Partner will also work collaboratively with attorneys, management, and business professionals in the California offices to deliver value added service, aligned with strategic direction, vision and values of the office and Firm.
The Talent Management Business Partner will serve as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues; act as an employee champion and change agent; assess and anticipate HR-related needs; communicate needs proactively with our Human Resources team and business management and develop integrated solutions; maintain an effective level of business knowledge about the California offices and Firm, its strategic plans, its culture and its competition.
This is a highly collaborative role, which requires close liaison with the Director of Talent Management, United States, and other office-based TM Business Partners in NA. This is an essential role on a team of TM professionals providing unified, high-quality business partnering support to office management, practice group leaders, and functional business professional leaders. It is a hands-on position that requires proactive and reliable business partnering advice and service.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree focusing on Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, Management, or other related areas; professional human resources certification highly desired
- Extensive experience in HR/Talent Management, preferably in a professional services firm environment
- Strong knowledge of HR functional disciplines (employee relations, staffing, compensation, organizational development, training, and employee development)
- Knowledge of local office employment laws
- Experience working across multiple locations and jurisdictions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent written and spoken English is required
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and drive results with a sense of urgency in setting strategies and executing against the objectives
- Proven ability to influence, interact and consult with senior leaders, strong collaboration skills and effective stakeholder management
- Strong coaching, counselling, business acumen, and overall communication skills
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality