Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
Reporting to the VP, Strategy & Product for OptumServe, this position architects complex health services or health IT solutions from the industry-leading assets of the OptumServe business and UnitedHealth Group enterprise to meet the requirements of federal customers in the Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs or Department of Health and Human Services.
- Connects a deep understanding of the federal customer’s needs
with the knowledge of OptumServe’s business assets and teaming
partners capabilities to develop a comprehensive solution that can
meet or exceed the customer’s expectations and beat the
competition. To be successful in this role the candidate must have:
- A working knowledge of the systems, processes and resources inside the federal customer’s infrastructure that all external solutions must integrate
- The ability to understand a broad set of commercial capabilities within the UnitedHealth Group enterprise and how they can be applied to meet federal customer’s objectives
- This position will lead teams of matrix partners to translate
required capabilities into concrete operational processes and
- Interprets vision and translates into requirements for engineering teams, when possible, validates requirements with marketplace via pilots and beta groups
- Pro-actively identifies needs/priorities of audience and provides relevant information when sharing insights, including facts and explanation of decision-making criteria
- Works with internal or external business constituents to
determine future solution needs based on customer needs and
- Explains competitive landscape and how OptumServe solutions compare
- Anticipates what is happening in the market including customer priorities, needs and goals
- Executes on insights learned; Translates data into a compelling value story to shape customer desire
- Reviews solution performance against expectations and
facilitates or influences changes to future solutions to improve
competitive position and optimal contract performance
- Analyzes data from KPIs and recommends appropriate actions including directing others in data and metric requirements
- Reviews P&L and budget reports and interprets data including identification of both favorable and unfavorable variances, recommends and/or makes go / no go decisions
- Prepares quality estimation with appropriate assumptions; Helps to evaluate other's forecasts and critically evaluates the information given
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience leading development of a federal health services or health IT solution with a total contract value (TCV) of at least $100M involving at least three external teaming partners which was sold to the Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs or Department of Health and Human Services
- 10 years of experience in federal health IT or health services in a contractor capacity (business development, program delivery, or operations) or a federal employee
- 5 years of experience in solution development or technical architecture
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to doyour life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.