Southeast Extinguisher Service is a family owned business that provides fire extinguisher services; emergency light services; commercial restaurant fire system services; fire alarm services; marine and special hazards services; hood cleaning; high and low hydro testing services, including DOT; first aid, CPR and fire extinguisher training; and first aid and safety supplies.
We have been providing services in Southeast Alaska and across the State since 2000. We are looking for a technician who is seeking a rewarding career with the opportunity to grow with our company and who puts quality, integrity and customer safety first in their work. In this job, you will be providing valuable fire and life safety services for the protection of the community.
Education, training and experience:
- Applicant must have at least two years cumulative experience in the special hazard or kitchen fire suppression system maintenance business and
- Must have passed or be able to pass the examination for NICET II special hazard or the International Code Council/National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors FK Pre-Engineered Kitchen Fire Extinguisher System Technician Certification test
In addition, the applicant must
- be able to pass criminal history check and driving check
- enroll in a drug testing program (FAA and DOT), which requires applicant to pass drug tests for all Federally illegal drugs, including marijuana
- have good customer service skills
- have regular and punctual attendance
- have good verbal and written communications skills
- be able to accurately complete electronic forms and documents related to the inspection process with excellent attention to detail
- be able to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted
Job duties include providing technical services to our customers on Fire Suppression Systems, including the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems; performing system modifications as necessary; conducting regular testing and inspections of systems; and performing troubleshooting and repairs as needed.The successful applicant must be able to identify code and non-conformance issues, make recommendations regarding system installations and service/repairs, and have the necessary certifications to perform the tasks independently. The job requires relocation to Juneau, Alaska and will also require travel on unconventional means of transportation (small planes, helicopters and boats) to remote locations and small communities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $40.00 /hour
- kitchen fire suppression system maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Juneau, AK (Required)
- Nicet or ICC (Preferred)
- 25% (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Paid time off