- Interactions with Others - Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Application Development Cycle - Show fundamental knowledge of application development cycle. Demonstrate an intermediate understanding of the application development cycle.
- Self Development - Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Documentation - Create basic technical documentation. Responsible for maintaining and validating current documentation.
- Security - Show fundamental knowledge and follow secure coding processes and writing, accessing, and following established security protocols.
- Quality - Follow established coding standards. Submit code for review and deliver quality, unit test code.
- Integration - Responsible for components of integration within a module.
- Communication - Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Troubleshooting - Independently resolve issues. Mentor associate-level staff with issue resolution.
- Design - Follow established design patterns and has awareness of user experience standards. Responsible for individual components of design.
- Project Management - Has ownership in success of projects. Responsible for estimating and delivering on individual task within project.
- Software Solutions - Develop, validate and implement software solutions based on customer requirements, Enterprise architecture standards and defined project designs.
- Typically has 2 years of related work experience.
- Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable
- Experience in developing on cross-functional systems
- Deep knowledge of programming
- Basic understanding of the SDLC
- Highly driven and self-motivated to exceed expectations
- Ability to work independently and in a team based environment
Proficient in both oral and written communication
- Python scripting
- Cloud based applications
- Act 34
Under the direction of management and more senior members of the team, the Software Engineer - Intermediate will contribute to the overall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by independently completing assigned projects and tasks by meeting established quality measures. The focus of this position will be to reach a competent level of the technology stack and show the ability to master portions of it.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range:$37.47 to $60.83 / hour
Union Position: No