BID ID #: 10-95-114505-07; 114509-22
CLOSING DATE: 11/22/19 05:00 PM
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Under direction, administers a highly sensitive program function for the Anna Processing Center. Provides prompt and accurate information regarding services offered by Department of Human Services (DHS) to inquiries received on a toll-free information line and through electronic inquiries from (he general public, persons seeking services from DHS, out-of-state agencies and the news media.
- Performs professional casework activities in providing public assistance services available from requirements for public assistance using the Integrated Eligibility System, issues supplemental benefits or completing overpayments and completes case documentation.
- Performs highly technical research, interpretation and analysis of federal and state statutes, regulations, rules and policies for evaluation, identification and resolution of systemic barriers interrupting service levels for individuals.
- Works with central level bureau, offices, divisions and Family Community Resource Centers (FCRCs) to perform advisory functions to maintain and interpret Department programs.
- Requires a bachelors degree in psychology, sociology/anthropology, social welfare or a closely-related field.
- Qualifying state employees in the Upward Mobility Program Shall have the stated requirements of this classification waived by successful completion of a qualifying examination.
WORK HOURS & LOCATION:
8:30 am – 5:00 pm (M-F)
Anna Statewide Processing Center
Choate Mental Health , Oak Hall
Anna, IL 62906
Bureau of Employee Services
100 South Grand Ave East, 3rd floor
Springfield, IL 62762
- To be placed on our eligibility lists that we use to invite candidates to interview, you will need to bring a completed print copy of the CMS100 application, along with any copies of education and certifications, to a CMS assessment center to take an automated multiple-choice exam.
- There is no charge to test.
- CMS 100 applications are available online in .pdf format at www.work.illinois.gov. Select "Forms" on the left-hand navigation panel, and complete the CMS100 application, opened by clicking "CMS100: Fillable version for online completion". We recommend saving the file to your pc before beginning to fill out the CMS100.
- Information on how to fill out the CMS100 can be found at https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/work/Pages/CMS100_help.aspx.
- If you wish to retest, you may do so after 30 days.
- Once you receive a grade, you will need to send a completed and signed CMS100 with attachments to the agency contact listed above. Please include the BID ID#
- A list of assessment centers is located on this webpage: https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/work/Pages/Examcont.aspx
- For the exam schedule at assessment center locations, please visit: https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/work/Pages/Examsche.aspx
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $3,994.00 to $5,913.00 /month
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly