Little League International Social Media Internship Summer 2020
Little League International is seeking qualified, well-rounded students to join in Little League's social media efforts for the summer of 2020 at headquarters in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Media, successful candidates will aid in executing Little League's overall digital strategy with an emphasis on enterprise social media. Position may also include photography, capturing and producing videos, and more. The internship will run from June to September, 2020.
Preferred fields of study include: Journalism, Broadcasting, Digital Media, Marketing, Photography, Graphic Design, or related field.
Examples of possible work depending on each candidate could include:
- Creating and posting content on social media channels Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Analyzing and tracking key performance metrics
- Photography/Videography shooting, sorting, selecting images for various purposes
- Assisting with Little League Baseball World Series video highlights processing and distribution
- Organizing and digitizing archived media
- Other video, digital media, or communications duties added as needed
Preferred candidates will demonstrate the following:
- A positive attitude
- Project management and customer service skills ensure that all tasks are completed to satisfaction and engage with other staff in a courteous and respectful manner
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines and reach department objectives
- High-level familiarity with the games of baseball and softball basic rules and gameplay, game situations, noteworthy happenings, etc.
- Strong editorial judgement with the ability to discern what resonates with various consumer groups, and create engaging copy in real-time
- Ability to learn quickly with a high degree of comfort around mobile phone and DSLR photography, laptop and desktop computers; simple troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Why you should apply:
- Hands-on experience with one of the world's most visible sporting events
- Behind-the-scenes access to the inner-workings of a sports organization from a digital/web perspective
- Compensation package that includes: hourly pay and free meals. Little League may also assist with locating housing opportunities
- Submit Resume, Cover Letter, References and applicable work samples to internships@LittleLeague.org with "Little League Social Media Internship" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
- Qualified candidates may be contacted to schedule follow up conversations