TITLE: Service Fulfillment – Voice Provisioning Engineer
REPORTING TO: Service Fulfillment (SF) Manager
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC; Longview, TX;
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting directly to the SF Manager, the Voice Provisioning Engineer will be responsible for provisioning of new voice services for Enterprise customer orders (new, MAC, disconnects), number porting, customer support during turnup process, and configuration of equipment that includes; Adtran IBGs, Cisco LAN switches, and Yealink Handsets to support Hosted PBX, SIP Trunking, TDM, POTS. This position will also be responsible for certifying new devices and configurations to be deployed into the network.
- Configuring and provisioning voice services for New/MAC orders and completing disconnect orders.
- Reviewing orders, preparing CPE equipment for deployment, completing preinstalls.
- Support Field Operations during installations, porting numbers, verifying successful turn-ups.
- Troubleshooting post-install troubles.
- Testing new devices and configurations.
- Completing tasks, responding to emails and voicemails, updating records.
- Manage and coordinating 3rd party vendors/suppliers on handling escalated issues through to resolution.
- Test and certify new devices to be deployed on the network.
- Keeps the SF Manager informed about project status and issues regarding the provisioning process and issues that may impact client relations
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- General knowledge of voice technologies; PRI, SIP, Analog telephony, LNP, Hunt group, etc.
- Familiarity with PSTN terminology; LNP, TN, CNAM, etc.
- Experience with Elastix PBX/PBX technology or the ability to learn this platform in an acceptable amount of time.
- Experience with Linux command line and batch scripting.
- Familiarity with Redhat and CentOS.
- Experience with Adtran IP Business Gateways or the ability to learn this platform in an acceptable amount of time.
- Ability to input data accurately across multiple systems.
- Skilled at managing assigned tasks with little supervision.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- High school or equivalent; BA/BS preferred.
- CCNA, CCNA Voice and/or Adtran ATSA/IPBG certification(s) or equivalent work experience.
- 3 or more years of hands-on experience in a related field.