When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
Are you looking for an exciting career with a nationally known company and industry leader? AmeriGas Propane, the largest distributor of propane in the United States, is searching for an energetic and mechanically inclined person to join us as aService Technician.
At AmeriGas, our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to excellent starting pay:
- Exceptional medical, dental and prescription benefits
- 401(K) with company match
- Generous bonus potential
- Paid time off (including holidays)
- Paid Training
- Annual performance reviews and salary increases
- Propane discounts
- Career advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
With a commitment to safety, the AmeriGas Service Technician installs, maintains, and services all customer and company propane installations and equipment while providing excellent customer service and performs all daily functions in a safe manner. The Service Technician drives a service truck with a crane and boom attached to deliver, install, and remove tanks of various sizes at customer locations. The Service Tech completes field repairs of tank valves and repairs leaks at customer sites. He/she maintains excellent customer relations by providing courteous, professional and timely service at all times. Performing Delivery Representative functions, such as delivering propane, may be required on an as-needed basis.
Education and Experience Required:
- One to five years related experience
- DOT licensing; CDL with HazMat, tanker, and air brakes endorsement (In some cases may be earned on the job)
- Must meet all DOT requirements to drive AmeriGas vehicles
- Certified Employee Training Program (CETP) certificate a plus but not required
- Applicable state and local licenses may be required
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Employment is contingent upon the completion and our evaluation of a drug-screening test and a criminal background check in accordance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.