SCHEDULING CONSULTANT IN GUAM
The MacDonald-Bedford | MBP Joint Venture is seeking an
experienced SCHEDULER for immediate, full-time employment to
assist in the execution of a five-year, $98M contract with Naval
Facilities Engineering Command
(NAVFAC) Pacific to provide professional consulting services associated with the design and construction of the
$8B of facilities in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI). Though based in Dededo, Guam, theScheduler as part of a multi-disciplinary Team, may have technical oversight of projects in other Islands within the Marianas Region, in Japan, Australia and/or Hawaii. TheScheduler must have demonstrated ability to provide technical support consulting services in support of complex, long-term, multi-year construction program.
The Scheduler will participate within a construction contract management team comprised of a task order driven, multi-disciplinary group of government and JV led consultants assigned to individual projects. The tasks assigned will vary in type and magnitude for projects such as office and shop buildings, airfield expansions, utility installation, wharf repairs, industrial facilities, etc. Projects may be in the $5M to $400M range.
The Scheduler shall analyze the construction contractor’s
prepared network analysis schedule (NAS). Specifically, the
Scheduler shall be available full time and shall perform tasks as
defined below and as particularly set out in a
Task Order Statement of Work.
TASKS/SERVICES: The Consulting Scheduler shall…
- Review construction contractor’s schedules, equipment delivery plans and progress to date; perform monthly projections of Construction Work in Place (WIP); enter these projections in the Construction Management System (as it becomes available) and other Government databases when requested.
- Develop and maintain the DPRI Program’s Integrated Master Schedule (IMS); highlight any conflicting tasks or requirements; work with others to mitigate any conflicts. Include future projects in the database to facilitate de-conflicting of schedules; notify the Team should delays impact the award of future projects. Update weekly; develop multiple versions and scenarios to determine the optimum course of action
- Schedule analysis in support of Government response to potential construction contractor delay claims.
- Analyze the NAS for reasonableness in activity durations, sequencing, and logic. Evaluate the activities included in the NAS for adequacy and appropriateness, and recommended additions or deletions of particular activities. Submit a report consisting, at a minimum, the following:
➢ An introduction; background information, i.e. contract number
and name, construction contractor, and a brief description of the
methods utilized by the contractor Scheduler as in analyzing the
➢ A factual statement regarding the content of the NAS, its logic, sequencing, and durations.
➢ A narrative of contractor Scheduler comments, both objective and subjective, regarding the adequacy of the NAS and suggestions for improvement.
➢ A recommendation to the Government as to whether the NAS should be rejected, approved, or approved contingent upon incorporation of specific comments.
- Providing detailed comments on schedule impact of construction contractor’s updated schedule or FRAGNET and provide written review comments that identify whether any of the schedule logic has changed from the base line schedule and make recommendations for contractor corrective action.
- Take the initiative to coordinate with the team members, leadership and project stakeholders; notify and/or advise the client of any potential conflicts or delays caused by active projects that could impact projects pending award.
DELIVERABLES. Deliverables shall include but not be limited to:
- Stored data in the software’s latest version/ format
- A base line schedule report
- Report regularly on the logic of the construction contractor’s schedules
- Providing Independent Time Impact Analyses for use in change order negotiations
- Meeting agendas and meeting note
- Preparing and deliver briefs supported with necessary documentation to project team members,
- Schedule status Updates
- Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) Update
CREDENTIALS: The Scheduler Candidate shall:
- Be a U.S. Citizen; be able to travel, and possess a current U.S. passport.
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience using Primavera P6 and 5 years Microsoft Project 2010 scheduling software on construction projects with a construction value $3-5M.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ of demonstrated knowledge of broad based Architectural/Engineering principles and construction practices and techniques, e.g., proper applications of construction materials and methods of installation.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience generating and maintaining Integrated Master Schedules for large construction programs consisting of multiple phases and varied project scopes.
- Have at least one (1) year of specialized experience in performing the tasks identified here in for Capital
Improvements related projects for NAVFAC or U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing; experience in preparing correspondence and written reports and in briefing management personnel.
- Have obtained within the past five years, a Construction Quality Management (CQM) course certificate
- Possess PC computer proficiency with existing NAVFAC software i.e. MS Office, Primavera, CostWorks,
Success Estimator, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, Schedule Analyzer reports etc. with the ability to go between Microsoft Project and Primavera when analyzing and integrating schedules.
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform site visits to review as-built schedules, to determine existing conditions, to document findings to support the rationale of the schedule analysis.
- Have demonstrated the ability to generate an independent Time Impact Analysis and use of the program,
Schedule Analyzer for changes to the Critical Path due to modifications and delay analysis.
- Be able to complete SF-86 and E-QIP and obtain a security clearance as required by the task order
This is for immediate full-time employment. Salary is dependent upon knowledge, skills and demonstrated ability to successfully perform construction management activities for a complex, long term, multi-year program. A benefits package is available; relocation is available and negotiable.
A full Job Description available to qualified candidates who submit the following information:
- Cover letter summarizing qualifications and availability
- Complete project list resume (client contact info, project title, location, scope, cost and candidate’s role)
- Copies of pertinent diplomas, licenses, registrations and certifications
- Salary history and full compensation requirements (E.g.: salary, medical, PTO, etc.)
- Eight (8) references (six professional, including two supervisors, two peers, two persons whom one has supervised, and two personal)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $91,000.00 to $103,000.00 /year
- Primavera P6: 10 years (Required)
- Integrated Master Schedules: 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft Project 2010 : 5 years (Required)
- NAVFAC or USACE Capital Improvements: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Are you a U.S. Citizen, holding a current U.S. passport?
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19