Job Title: Sales Representative, Healthcare Services
Job Location: Fairfax, VA
Category: Exempt (Based Commission)
Enter Shift: Monday-Friday (8:00 am-4:30 pm)
Metropolitan Healthcare Services, Inc. (MHS) is a joint commission accredited organization that provides support services to health systems across the nation. Our mission is to enrich the patient experience by providing superior services to every customer. Moreover, our vision is to be the national leader in providing diverse quality health care solutions to the communities we serve.
Sales Representative, Healthcare Services
Ideal position for individuals with a background in healthcare administration or professional services sales!
Metropolitan Healthcare Services is seeking an experienced health care professional with sales and marketing abilities for the position of Sales Representative located in the Washington DC metropolitan area. This is an ?internal? and ?external? position that will focus on professional healthcare sales development. The position of Sales Representative will be responsible for developing and maintaining referral relationships in the community and converting referrals to meet and exceed current budgeted census goals in the organization. The efforts of this position will work in tandem with the strategic business plan, as well as the leadership team, in the facility.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Call on existing and potential customers to introduce, demonstrate, sell, and service MHS? products while supporting MHS?overall sales effort. Must qualify potential customers.
- Implement and achieve quarterly and yearly sales plan.
- Maintain expert level of knowledge regarding MHS? and competitors' product lines.
- Attend trade shows.
- Provide field intelligence on competitor activity, changes in markets, distribution, and pricing as well as input on customer preferences and product features.
An expert level of knowledge is required in:
- Sales, Negotiation, and Service
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational and Technical Skills
- This job requires the ability to communicate readily with high profile hospital executives, purchasing/procurement, administration, and technical personnel. This is a field-based position requiring travel.
The ideal candidate for the Sales Representative position will come from a healthcare or professional service-related field, preferably hospital services similar to those that provide patient care, maintain records, and ensure that the hospital is able to deliver care to patients., Previous sales and marketing experience preferred. Candidates must be enthusiastic and willing to learn and execute the long term sales process. Basic computer literacy and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must. This is a full time, salaried plus commission position.
- Bachelor?s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 5 to 10 years of related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Must have sales experience in a healthcare-related field.
- Must have internal-service sales experience.
- Must be able to work legally in the United States.
- Must pass background and drug screenings.
- Able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Working knowledge of Windows (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Ability to work effectively individually and collaboratively.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver?s license, present current clean driving record, and updated insurance
Please Note: All candidates must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, provide proof of employment eligibility to work in the United States, and be able to successfully pass criminal background, sex offender and Office of Inspector General (OIG) checks, drug screening, and immunizations/health requirements.
We are an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.