We are a full-service environmental consulting, engineering and remediation and construction management company for nearly 30 yrs. We have multiple offices throughout the United States, serving a large client base ranging from small-scale local private industries, local/state agencies as well as large national companies and Federal agencies (USEPA, Army Corps, Air Force, etc.).
Our business is booming and we are looking for managers that are located just about anywhere in the USA. Our actual projects are typically in either the east or west coast areas as well as Detroit and Seattle.
The primary function of this position is to manage hazardous waste site projects as a Response Manager (Project Manager) supporting our various cleanup and remediation contracts. This may be a “dual function” position, in that the individuals hired (if qualified) may also perform as a waste Transportation & Disposal Coordinator or Regulatory Specialist in support of other PMs from time to time.
Work will be performed primarily in EPA Regions 9, 10, 5, 6 and 8 but occasionally work will involve projects in EPA Regions 1, 2, 3 and 4.
· Manage, direct and control all site personnel
· Oversee team subcontractors, and specialty subcontractors
· Manage, direct and control all daily work operations, including prepare daily work orders. ·
· Track actual work progress, schedule, and costs vs. planned schedule and costs
· Oversee and review daily cost tracking reports and review daily reports with Clients
· Meet daily with Clients to review work progress, planned activities, resource requirements, and daily costs. ·
· Conduct daily Site Safety meetings and oversee site safety program
· Prepare required deliverables including Work Plans, Safety Plans, budgets, and monthly progress reports. ·
· Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and permit requirements (e.g., ARARs). ·
· Perform and support all waste T&D activities (characterization, packaging and labeling, procuring offsite waste disposal/management vendors, coordinate with EQM Chemists and Data QAQC staff, prepare Offsite disposal reports, etc.) ·
· Maintain all project required onsite records.
Educational Requirements and Certifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related technical or scientific field. ·
· A Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) certification is desired but not required. ·
· 6 to 8 years direct on-scene response experience at sites involving toxic and hazardous substances/wastes and oil and other petroleum related wastes. ·
· 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role as a Response/Project Manager supervising multi-disciplinary response personnel and subcontractors for emergency and time critical response actions ·
· Working knowledge of all applicable environmental DOT, and OSHA regulations. ·
· Desired Training: HAZWOPER; ICS 100-400, IS 700, IS 800; DOT/Hazardous Waste ·
· Approximately 50% travel is required. No relocation or sponsorship assistance offered.
Pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment physicals required prior to hire-on..
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Environmental Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Environmental Remediation: 8 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- 50% (Required)