Position Title: Resolutions Clerk Department:Resolutions
Position Reports To: Resolutions Manager
Positions Supervised: None
Responsible for providing a variety of clerical and secretarial support to Collections personnel including processing Resolutions side task, included but not limited to; Membership Terminations, VISA Limit Removal, EZ-Money Line removal, J.I.C removal, Order Repossessions, Charge off with share balance report, and the Delinquent loan with share balance report. Initiates and Processes State of Michigan income tax garnishments and payroll garnishments for judgments obtained against delinquent members. Represent CASE Credit Union in small claims court. Process and/or disburse all incoming department mail and emails. Update Clerical Task, such as Resolutions Duties sheet when needed. Work with our third party collections company Merchants and Medical Credit Corporation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of all assigned secretarial and clerical functions.
a. Performs a variety of typing duties including recording meeting minutes for Resolutions’ Department Meetings correspondence and small claims paperwork.
- Performs filing and related record keeping duties, maintaining company files and records to ensure they remain updated.
c. Performs processing functions as assigned. Processes Resolution side task, including daily and monthly reports. Also orders the repossessions, when added to the REPNW queue in IBS. Files all Michigan state income tax garnishments for small claims judgments obtained and processes all related paperwork for both State of Michigan income tax garnishments and payroll garnishments when applicable.
- Communicates with local courts in regards to SOM tax garnishment processes.
- Must have reliable transportation for performance duties of Resolutions clerk.
- Communicates with Resolutions management on completing Resolutions task outlined in the purpose
- Track inventory of office supplies and inform management about any shortages or supplies needed.
- Accurately processes membership terminations on a monthly basis.
- Order supplies from management request and approvals
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with members, and Collections professionals.
a. Resolves requests, questions, and problems promptly.
b. Provides information as needed.
- Maintains the Credit Union's professional reputation.
- Attends small claims court as needed.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with Credit Union personnel and with management.
a. Assists and supports personnel as needed.
b. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
c. Attends and participates in meetings as required, and take meeting minutes provided to management.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
b. Completes miscellaneous clerical functions and special projects as required and requested.
1. Good business relations exist with members, callers, visitors and trade professionals. Problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved or referred.
2. Typing and document preparation are completed accurately and promptly.
3. Reports, logs, and records are correct and submitted in a timely manner.
4. Department files are accurate, up-to-date, and well maintained.
5. Collections processing functions are completed in accordance with Credit Union policies or procedures.
6. Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with management. Appropriate assistance is provided to area staff as needed. Management is appropriately informed.
7. The Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent with emphasis on secretarial/clerk and business courses.
Required Knowledge: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
Experience Required: One year of clerical and/or office experience required.
Experience Preferred: Prior collections experience preferred; prior experience requesting/processing garnishments
Skills/Abilities: Strong interpersonal and public relations skills.
Well organized with multi-tasking and attentive to detail skills.
Excellent typing skills and able to operate related computer applications.
Willingness to assist and support others.
Able to operate computer, calculator, telephone, and other basic business machines.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system. All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.