Raw Materials Engineer - Plant City, Florida
James Hardie is a leading manufacturer of fiber-cement siding products.The Plant City manufacturing center features 4 production lines spread over 1,000,000 sq ft of manufacturing space.
As a member of the Production Department reporting to the Department Manager, the Raw Material Engineer is responsible for improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process and managing small capital projects in a large, heavy manufacturing environment.
Actively leads for efficiency of the plants:
- Perform routine maintenance on the ball mill;
- Ensure specifications for ideal within parameters for production of material;
- Oversee the rebuild and installation of cyclones;
- Manage and record different changes of process of raw materials of the plant;
- Ensure specifications are met with the city to discharge to the city;
- Pulp plant: Oversee flush cycles to make sure no plugs;
- Successfully identify leaks in valves
- Actively leads the raw material operators and train for processes
Routinely verifies conformance of material being produced to meet or exceed the quality standard by:
- Monitoring lab results; and
- Participating in quality audits and meetings.
- Understand the relationship between the ball mill and out of spec materials to make appropriate actions;
- Adjusting fundamental processing information
Actively leads and supports the plant safety program by:
- Identifying and reducing hazards related to plant equipment;
- Monitoring and addressing safety conditions and behaviors; and
- Participating in safety audits.
Develops and manages capital projects by:
- Identifying improvement opportunities;
- Organizing teams to help in research efforts;
- Writing Capital Expenditure Requests (CER); and
- Coordinating and implementing projects.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment and successful stress tolerance.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results.
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated intermediate skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and other proprietary software).
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of quality, productivity and cost.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload while paying attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (mechanical, chemical, industrial, paper science).
- 3 or more years in a high-speed manufacturing environment
Job Type: Full-time
- heavy industrial: 2 years (Preferred)
- mechanical engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance