Requisition ID: 56358
Job Function/Category: Operations
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments,
which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity &
inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success
of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce
of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our
operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees
who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our
vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener
Provide PSEG Operations' Safety Program leadership, administration, and implementation for the Customer Operations' Health and Safety program by establishing and maintaining accountability for industrial health and safety performance and programs and associated training programs for PSEG divisional territories. The position provides technical oversight, guidance and administrative support to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to employee health and safety and is responsible for driving improvement in Customer Operations safety culture and year over year Health and Safety scorecard metrics.
- Responsible for PSEG Long Island Customer Services overall safety and health management,acting as a subject matter expert in all phases; Provide advice, guidance and counsel for all levels of management, LOB, local H&S Councils, LOB H&S Councils, and PSEG Long Island Councils in all areas of health and safety including policies, procedures, standards, technical safety, H&S System Components and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical oversight and expertise to field division operations in the interpretationand understanding of new programs / procedures, resolving Safety and Health issues while providing for the application of consistent reporting of Job Site Observations, Job Hazard Analysis, Personal Protective Equipment, Industrial Hygiene, Accident Investigation, etc.
- Implement new methodologies and procedures to improve safety, productivity and operations of the LOB.
- Review and analyze existing work procedures to establish new methodologies and procedures to improve business operations. Review, analyze and determine root cause of personnel errors. Responsible for reviewing and assessing impact of Federal, State and local H&S regulations, including OSHA on LOB.
- Participate in accident/incident investigations and determine root cause; conduct audits; inspections and implement corporate H&S systems.
- Ensure all safety related records are accurately maintained and in compliance with OSHA or other regulatory agency rules and regulations and American Standard procedures; Implement applicable safety policies and procedures to be followed in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations;
- Analyze safety data to lead and coordinate the safety effort for continual improvement.
- Ensure safety and health training is organized and delivered effectively. Train employees on PSEGLI’s programs and enforce compliance.
- Drive improvement in the Customer Services safety culture and
annual year over year Health and Safety scorecard metrics.
- BS/BA in Occupational Safety & Health or a minimum years equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree
- 2 years safety related responsibilities within the electric utility or related industry
- Strong analytical capabilities with experience reviewing existing work procedures to establish methodologies and procedures to improve safety operations
- Ability to influence and change safety culture, preferably within a union environment
- Ability to take innovative approaches to improve processes and solve problems
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization; this includes making presentations and designing/delivering training modules.
- Experience performing field audits, inspections and assessments
- CSP, CUSP, CIH, OSHT or CUSA certification preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and relevant consensus standards i.e. ANSI, ASTM, NFPA, etc.
- Prior EH&S experience or training and/or operational experience in the Meter Services environment is strongly preferred
This position requires driving to company locations and off-site
assignments and events, applicants must possess a valid driver’s
license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access
to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is
limited in who it can share this information with and in certain
circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization
before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the
position does require access to this information, you must complete
a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request
Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition
if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization,
due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the
government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.