Hope for Youth has an opening for a full time LMSW Program Manager to oversee operations of its Diagnostic and Emergency Services Program in Amityville. This program is a 12 coed bed program for youth between the ages of 12 - 20 for the purpose of stabilization, evaluation, treatment planning, and/or respite care.
· -Valid LMSW/LCSW or other Licensed Mental health professional.
· -Minimum of 2 years post masters experience.
· -Knowledge of child serving systems a plus.
· -Proficiency in NY State Connections intranet a plus.
· -Experience with children and adolescents necessary.
· -Excellent writing skills necessary.
· -Supervisory/managerial experience preferred.
· -Various Case Management duties.
· -Liaison with county DSS, OCFS and courts.
· -Liaison with school district.
· -Crisis intervention.
· -Supervision of staff.
· -Supervision of parent-child visits.
-Preparing psychosocial assessments.
-Conducting home visits, parent and child interviews.
-Support other projects and residential program locations, as needed.
-Physically restrain a child or youth during a crisis situation
· -Support other projects and locations, as needed
· -Valid NYS Driver's License in good standing
· -Physical Requirements: read/write reports and log entries, walking/standing for prolonged periods, bending/stooping, kneeling/squatting, climbing stairs, reaching overhead, repetitive wrist/finger movements, driving own vehicle
This position is subject to background investigation including Staff Exclusion List, DMV records review, State Central Child Abuse Registry, criminal records screening/finger printing, reference checks and pre-employment physical with TB testing.
Hope For Youth, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All positions are subject to background screening as required by law or contract, including but not limited to: Staff Exclusion List (SEL), State Central Child Abuse Registry (SCR), DMV record review, criminal records screening, reference checks, physical and PPD test.
Compensation based upon education and child-welfare related experience; benefits package which includes date of hire eligibility for medical/dental/vision benefits, 403(b) Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, agency-paid life insurance and disability, as well as Tuition Assistance, Pension plans and generous paid time off.
Learn more about Hope For Youth at: http://www.hfyny.org
Job Type: Full-time
- Child Welfare: 1 year (Preferred)
- post-master's: 2 years (Required)
- Master's (Required)
- NYS Driver's (Required)
- LMSW or LCSW (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Company's Facebook page: