Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
- Implementing and maintain the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Complaint Evaluation - Investigates complex complaints with management oversight. Provides compliant solutions to a variety of complex problems. Ensures compliant documentation related to area of responsibility.
- Create and distribute quality communications.
- Contributes to defining and timely achievement of overall project goals.
- Provides compliant solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Interacts constructively with employees; managers and cross-functional peers.
- May lead a project with a limited scope; but usually a contributor on broader projects.
- Maintains awareness of standards that regulate our industry. Ensures compliance to site level policies and procedures by promptly reporting non-compliance issues to management within Division and Corporation as appropriate.
- Maintains vigilance to ensure adherence to Quality Policy and Quality system procedures by promptly reporting noncompliance issues to management.
- Identifies areas for process improvement. Provides supporting information for change including reasons and justifications.
- Apprenticeship or Bachelor’s degree in Life Science; Engineering; or closely related discipline is required OR relevant combination of education or experience.
- At least 3 years work experience in Quality or related field experience; Less experience may be appropriate with advanced degree.
- Demonstrates understanding of how their function supports the business.
- Demonstrates technical and business competencies that drive results and continuous improvement.
- Candidate should be flexible, have strong problem solving skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, and be able to lead cross functional teams.
- Experience within quality assurance and complaint handling is preferred but not required.