At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position supports the Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) Supply Chain Commodities and Services team in Huntsville, AL.
- Negotiate and contract for products, services and technologies.
- Engage myriad stakeholders to ensure that program, customer, product and in-service strategies are integrated into source selection, negotiation and contracting strategies.
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms and conditions, prepare and execute negotiated contractual documents and binding agreements with Boeing suppliers.
- Optimize execution of the supply chain balancing inventory, supply orders and schedule demand and manage supplier / subcontractor performance and relationship to ensure delivery, quality, financial stability and in-service performance.
- Mitigate risks and issues and initiate supplier improvement activities and provide results for integration into contracting strategies.
- Review data from multiple business systems.
- Validate and adjust quantity, schedule, inventory balances, order policy and compliance. Interfaces with customers and suppliers to resolve issues.
- Conduct source selections, negotiates and documents purchase contracts and agreements within procurement commitment authority.
- Assist with gathering performance data to monitor supplier capability, capacity and business health.
- Assist with monitoring of supplier performance to contract.
- Support supplier performance reviews.
- Transmit technical data and business communications.
- Learn import and export policies and procedures.
- Process proprietary information agreements to ensure data protection.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Supplier Management/ Procurement as a Purchasing Agent or Buyer.
- Experience in supplier management or supply chain management.
- Experience working with suppliers or vendors.
- Experience in a team-based environment.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. 4 years' related work experience).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.