Plancorp is seeking a Portfolio Analyst to join our growing team. We advocate for clients by proactively guiding them through all aspects of their financial lives. The firm provides comprehensive, holistic financial planning and investment advisory services for individuals, families, business owners, non-profit and institutional clients. We assist clients in articulating meaningful goals and attaining those goals through actions and strategies consistent with their specified values.Who We Are:
- Nationally recognized fee-only RIA firm
- St. Louis based; in business for over 36 years
- AUM approx. $4 billion
Portfolio Analysts are a key part of Plancorp’s operations team. On a daily basis, the Portfolio Analyst performs a wide range of investment related services for new and existing clients, including but not limited to, the management of client portfolios through periodic rebalancing and executing equity and fixed income security transactions. This position requires analytical ability, strong technical acumen, critical thinking skills, plus the ability to work independently, remain flexible to changing priorities, and anticipate firm needs. In this role you will…
- Make initial determinations as to whether trading is required for a client’s portfolio.
- Submit specific client requests or cash need trades, and once approved, execute those trades.
- Review individual bond positions with Investment Committee approved guidelines and determine sell/buy.
- Modify trading parameters, and update the Investment Policy Statement templates as directed by the Investment Committee.
- Coordinate the flow of data from the portfolio management system into the rebalancing system, and connecting to relationship management system.
- Incorporate new client accounts and ensure they are charged appropriately.
- Track client account relationships and update billing spreadsheets on a quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with Operations team on software implementations/upgrades, and other projects to help support client needs.
- Work with the appropriate custodians and Wealth Management teams.
- An understanding of the difference between actively managed and passively managed portfolios.
- Lots of practice with attention to detail, as demonstrated through your experience with accurate documentation, and updating/maintaining a database.
- A. or B.S. degree from accredited four year university; business or math-related major preferred.
- Commitment to acting in the clients’ best interests.
- Respect for the confidentiality of client and corporate information.
- Ability to communicate well and function as part of a cohesive team.
- Previous experience working within a portfolio management team is helpful, but only if you also have everything listed above.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn from our team of experts, do work that touches people’s lives, and be a part of our unique culture. We take great care of the people who take care of our clients. Comprehensive rewards package includes quarterly bonuses, daily catered lunch and free access to workout facility. Learn more about us or inquire directly by emailing our Chief Talent Officer.