ImmunoTek Bio Centers is currently looking for a EMT, Paramedic, LPN or RN for our Williamsport Location!
ImmunoTek is seeking professionals with a passion for saving lives and professional development. ImmunoTek is not just a place to get a job; it's a place to forge a career. We are governed by a set of core principles that guide us through all facets of our business. These principles set the tone for the method in which we hire, train, develop and collaborate with our most important asset...our people.
People are the most important part of our company. We are passionate about three groups of people:
1. We value the amazing employees ImmunoTek Associates who have
made the decision to join our ImmunoTek family. Each Associate
plays an important role in making the workplace thriving and
2. We are extremely grateful for the plasma donors who have decided to make ImmunoTek a part of their lives, visiting us weekly and becoming part of our business family.
3. We are dedicated to supplying the highest quality plasma used in medications for patients all over the world.
Under the supervision of the Laboratory/Medical Director and Center Director, ensure donor suitability, product integrity and the continued good health of donors through the compliance with Food and Drug Administration FDA regulations, EU regulations and Standard Operating Procedures SOP Manual / IBR Quality Plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
2. Monitor and evaluate operation and provide feedback to Center Director.
3. Selection of suitable plasmapheresis donors through the use of Standard Operating Procedure Manual with particular detailed attention to communications related to viral disease information and plasmapheresis informed consent, current State and Federal guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, and cGMP, all internal company procedures, personal education and experience.
4. Timely review of accumulated data to confirm established donor suitability.
5. Assist with management and administration of Hepatitis Vaccine program according to established protocol.
6. Assist with management and administration of employee counseling, testing, and follow-up of employee exposures to blood or plasma.
7. Provide appropriate and confidential counseling to unacceptable individuals.
8. Provide level of care during unexpected or severe donor reactions.
9. Assist in employee training as necessary.
10. Consult with Center Laboratory/Medical Director/Licensed Physician as required by Physician Substitute Program. Communicate with Medical Director where necessary to ensure donor suitability issues are addressed appropriately.
11. Report all unsafe situations or conditions to supervisor.
12. Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
13. May be required to work weekends and evenings and some major holidays.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. EMT, RN, LPN, BSN, PA, or Nurse Practitioner licensed in the state in which the center operates.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required. Must have legible handwriting. Must be able to use PC. Must maintain CPR certification.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure and technical manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to articulate clearly.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Ability to travel via automobile and/or airplane. Manual dexterity to perform all phases of donor plasmapheresis. Ability to lift, tug, pull up to fifty 50 pounds. Ability to stand for extended periods of time - up to four 4 hours at a time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be exposed to short periods of time to freezing temperatures. Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens.