The primary focus of this position is to support the development and delivery of new and enhanced products and services in CIG operating states. This role supports the Product Manager and Product Director in conducting competitive and regulatory research, creates filing rule/form/guideline exhibits; aids in the development and revision of rule manuals, coverage forms, policy holder notices and supporting documents; may support the establishment of rates in the way of filing research and back up to the rate analyst to update internal excel raters; works with Technology, Claims, Underwriting and Field departments to ensure an accurate delivery of the products and services to the marketplace. Responsible for competitive research, rule and coverage comparisons and analyses; point of contact for business specifications to Business Systems and Technology, participates in testing for implementations which includes system functionality, rules, forms and rate testing. This position serves as the point of contact for the technology, underwriting and client services teams on product functionality in our quoting and administrative systems. Other duties may be performed or assigned to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Performs research for new or potential products and services through filing research, competitive market intelligence, field and agent feedback and business needs analysis; assist in the evaluation of the regulatory and compliance environment as well as issues that may inhibit or enhance delivery of the product or service.
- Assists in developing filing exhibits. Must be familiar and comfortable with state regulatory filing requirements.
- May be responsible for the development of forms, underwriting guidelines and rule manuals.
- Works with line of business Product Manager or Director of Product to ensure that all technical compliance issues including filings and forms meet regulatory requirements.
- Develops business requirements that are delivered to Business Systems and Technology for Product changes.
- Assists in the development of training and/or training materials for product or process changes.
- Must be knowledgeable with Personal, Commercial, and Agriculture lines, or demonstrated competencies in Personal or Commercial Lines including coverage and coverage language, rating methodologies, compliance adherence, environment and underwriting procedures
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to communicate and train audiences with diverse backgrounds and varying levels of insurance knowledge
- Must have an understanding of SERFF state filing regulatory procedures
- Technical competencies with Word, EXCEL, SQL and SharePoint required
- Knowledge of database structures and system platforms (GuideWire) highly desirable
College Degree in finance, business administration, insurance or other related business discipline preferred; with a minimum of 2 years of progressively challenging insurance experience for a Product Analyst; or a combination of education and progressively challenging insurance industry experience.