Define the Patient Care Experience at New York's #1 hospital
Patient Registrar - Admitting – Evenings
Make a lasting impression on patients at NewYork-Presbyterian as a Patient Registrar at the #1 hospital in New York by U.S. News & World Report. Assist patients with questions and concerns. Keep families informed. Light up the room with your presence while making the promise of putting patients first a reality. Join a supportive team, and help us deliver superior customer service to our diverse local community. As a member of our administrative team, you will discover what sets us apart - passion for the individuals and families in our care.
Verify patient insurance coverage. Upon discharge, provide patients in need of follow up visit with a PCP with an appointment at NYP/MGW using Athena Scheduling system. Perform all duties related to the registration of patients in the DEM, including bedside registration. Perform all admitting duties during the night shift when admitting is closed. And secure all DEM Copayments or self pay deposits. Complete paper work and deposits according to departmental policy. Most importantly, you will be the calm and reassuring presence patients need as they navigate their hospital experience.
This is a part time opportunity every weekend in the ER 3:30pm – 11:30pm at Lawrence Hospital.
- Knowledge of hospital procedures, routines, regulations and medical terminology
- Some college preferred
- Previous experience in an emergency department
- Computer skills and knowledge of insurance a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Qualified candidates have at least one year of clerical experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time
high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as
tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and
financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.