Shenandoah University’s Auxiliary Services Department is accepting applications for a part-time Facilities Assistant position. This position's shifts are evenings and weekends based out of our Northern Virginia Scholar Plaza (SPL) campus in Leesburg, VA.
The Part-Time Facilities Assistant provides administrative support for activities and functions of our Northern Virginia Campus.
- Serves as the initial contact for the campus; providing attentive customer service including but not limited to welcoming and greeting everyone, answering phones, and handling general office activities for all SU community constituents and visitors.
- Performs the opening and/or closing of the campus following the procedures outlined in the SOP. Performs multiple daily community walkthroughs throughout the campus and performs other safety/security duties as needed during the shift. Follows the protocol on securing the building and issuing ID badges and any appropriate access levels.
- Participates in training required for the position to include safety/security training and First Aid, as well as others that may be needed for the position. Assists the Coordinator during emergency drills and actual emergency events.
- Assists the Coordinator and performs miscellaneous tasks regarding the SPL community/property in a timely manner to ensure the campus is a safe, organized, and clean working and learning environment for all. Items may include guiding work study students, student activities, campus communication, classroom setup and breakdown, arrangements for events, and periodic spot checks of classroom and other student spaces. Tasks may include handling garbage removal, rodent/animal/bug issues, and other items that arise.
- Maintains and exhibits a professional attitude and demeanor in all interactions with SU community constituents and visitors and maintains the utmost confidentiality in dealing with any university business.
- Other duties as assigned as the job functions may vary with the changing needs of the position.
- Available shifts are evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently. (This position requires the candidate to be the only front desk staff person on duty during their shift.)
- Strong problem-solving skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Must have written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to perform small janitorial duties (replace paper towels, toilet paper, clean up spills, etc)
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds and complete multiple daily community walk throughs throughout the various floors of the campus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Apple products, and PC products.
- Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of employment. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will also be required.
Click HERE to apply for this position. Then click one of the “Resume/CV” button choices in the “Apply” box at the bottom of the posting to input your information. If this is the first time you will have applied to a Shenandoah University position using this process, please choose the “New” option. Be prepared to upload the previously referenced documents as you go through this process. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.