The Linfield College School of Nursing in Portland, Oregon is recruiting to fill an opening for a Portland Campus Operations Coordinator. Under the direction and reporting to the Director of Portland Campus Operations, the Portland Campus Operations Coordinator provides administrative and general operational support services to members of the Portland Campus community in accordance with established procedures. The position supports Portland Campus facilities management and operation function, such as mail delivery, key assignment, campus cleaning, maintenance and upkeep, space allocation, business continuity and elements of employee onboarding. The Operations Coordinator provides assistance for campus maintenance, renovations and improvement projects. A review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted through Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
Linfield College, chartered in 1858, is a private, comprehensive, undergraduate institution located in the Pacific Northwest. It connects the traditional liberal arts with practical education through collaborative, service and experiential learning opportunities. Linfield is nationally recognized for its strong teaching faculty, outstanding academic programs and distinctive international emphasis. Linfield educates students to become global citizens, with more than 40 percent of all graduates participating in study abroad courses. The Portland Campus is home to the Linfield-Good Samaritan School of Nursing, established in 1982 through a partnership with Good Samaritan Hospital now a part of Legacy Health Systems. The transfer-only campus is located in Northwest Portland and offers a bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Schedules resource requests on a one-time or recurring basis for spaces on campus, including classrooms, conference rooms, lounges, praxis sessions, etc.
- Coordinates use of the Portland Campus fleet vehicle following all College policies and procedures.
- Resolves reservation conflicts by determining the request's priority and working to find the best solution for all customers.
- Reviews, prints and posts weekly room schedules outside each classroom and conference room.
- Provides general reception duties and general assistance for students, staff and visitors. Accepts and processes campus deliveries for assigned buildings and provides general care of assigned floor common areas.
- Distributes mail and packages for assigned campus buildings.
- Maintains the supplies and paper stock inventory for the copy room. Maintains a log of purchases to reconcile with department budget.
- Coordinates the ordering and delivery of stationery and business cards.
- Serves as internal point of contact for copy machine issues and coordinates service repair requests with outside vendor.
- Receives and processes facilities work requests through online work order system. Follows up on requests to ensure completion.
- Submits phone work requests and ensures satisfactory completion. Updates phone list when changes occur.
- Updates the key management tracking system per approved process and works with Locksmith to request additional keys.
- Ensures all operational components of new hires onboarding process are complete. Ensures office is cleaned and stocked with necessary supplies, creates and posts mailbox and office door signage, coordinates parking registration, and issues office keys, ID badge and Portland Campus Information guide.
- Updates and maintains the campus directories spreadsheet. Prints and installs directories at various campus locations. Creates, updates and orders campus signage as requested.
- Reserves parking spaces for visitors as approved by Director of Portland Campus Operations or Dean of Nursing, issues Linfield employee parking permits, monitors the City of Portland parking policy and provides daily parking lot patrol to ensure unauthorized cars are not parked in the campus lot.
- Maintains current file for all work place safety accidents or incidents. Notifies Director of Environmental Health & Safety when incidents or injuries occur.
- Assists sponsoring department in coordinating special events, including reserving space, placing catering orders, performing room set-up and tear down, moving furniture, and coordinating special cleaning arrangements or related tasks.
- Works with Student Life and College Public Safety to create and print photo ID badges for all new students.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as dictated by the operational needs of the Portland Campus while following all College policies and procedures.
Associate's degree and three years of clerical or administrative assistant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working in higher education preferred.
- Professionalism, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficient, intermediate level personal computer and computer software aptitude MS Office, security camera software, card access control system software, 25Live, etc..
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of faculty, staff, students, parents, and the community at-large.
- Flexible and able to prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines and ability to work in a cooperative, team environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Work is performed in an office environment is sedentary in nature. Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations, including constant seeing, hearing, sitting and talking as well as frequent repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and fingers, walking, climbing stairs, and standing. Lifting, pulling, and twisting are requirements of the position and may include unloading/organizing supplies, delivering mail/packages, monitoring parking, moving furniture and performing event set-up/tear-down.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will close on September 25, 2019. To apply, please complete the online application process and attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
We Value Diversity: Linfield College is actively engaged in promoting, advancing, and confirming our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a diverse and vibrant Linfield contributes to academic excellence and critical thinking. We welcome applicants who bring a diversity of identity, culture, experience, perspective, and thought. All candidates are encouraged to address how their professional and lived experience, scholarship, teaching, mentorship, and/or service will build on our diversity and inclusion efforts.