FTI is looking for an IT Support Specialist to Surface Warfare Officers School (SWOS) customer at NOB, Norfolk, VA. If you are looking to continue your career in a dynamic and challenging environment where your contributions make a difference, we are looking for you.
The IT support specialist will provide Navy Marine Corps Internet (NMCI) transition services, coordinate problem resolution elevated beyond the Help Desk, represent the command in contract discussions regarding Service Level Agreement (SLA) clarification and support the Duty Customer Technical Representative (DCTR). The IT support specialist will also review/validate SLA reports for work completion and quality of service and provide input in support of Incentive/Credit Process, coordinate command specific IT requirements with the DCTR and/or vendor, and review proposed plans/IMS for consistency with operational requirements.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or a related field
Clearance: Must have an Active Secret Clearance
Years of experience: Minimum of 2 years experience supporting NMCI System
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to identify software application requirements by user or target device
- Knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods and practices sufficient to plan and carry out a wide variety of difficult and complex IT issues.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of applications, operating systems, protocols, and equipment to provide advice and assistance to the end users.
- Experience responding to and resolving user generated trouble tickets
- Knowledge of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) packages and assistance to the end user of the COTS packages.
- Knowledge of Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) packages and training to the end users on the GOTS packages.
- Knowledge of performance management/measurement methods, tools and techniques sufficient to conduct analysis and recommend resolution of complex IT issues.
- Knowledge of Purebred Agent process for configuration, securing and managing iOS, Android, Blackberry, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and YubiKey 4 devices.
- Knowledge of NMCI NET (Network Enterprise Tools)
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Asset Management
- Basic hardware troubleshooting – Computer, laptops, printers, etc.
- Help Desk Support – PC login in, Email, CAC, connectivity etc.