Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) is the leading provider of wireless communication solutions that enhance safety, security and operating efficiency. MCA provides a full suite of turn-key systems—including two-way radio, video, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless communications-—to public safety, commercial, educational and governmental entities across the nation. As the largest Motorola service provider and largest manufacturer’s rep in the nation, Mobile Communications America grew from 70 employees in 2013 to almost 850 employees today.
A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our “service first DNA” culture. MCA offers customers a complete portfolio of professional services, installation services, and ongoing maintenance services. This commitment to service goes beyond our customers to encompass our employees, partners, shareholders and communities.
Infinity Technology Solutions, a division of Mobile Communications America, Inc., is seeking entry and experienced microwave systems engineers for locations in North Carolina and the Southeast.
This position is responsible for designing microwave communications systems to include microwave radio, layer 2 networking, and MPLS equipment required in a complete communication system environment. Design includes understanding pre and post-sale processes, Nokia (Alcatel-Lucent) processes, path design software and type of microwave and MPLS equipment supplied by both companies and other vendors.
Pre-sale job responsibilities include responding to RFPs, developing microwave path designs, developing detailed bill of materials, quoting turn-key services, and developing statement of works for proposals. Post-sale responsibilities include analyzing site and path survey results, participate in FCC coordination and licensing processes, finalizing designs and bill of materials, developing test and cutover plans, and remotely supporting the field technician team during field integration and testing services.
Ideal candidates will have the following experiences, skills and education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
- A minimum of 3 years of system engineering or related experience is preferred
- Solid background in engineering principles
- Must be detail oriented, able to work without constant supervision
- Must be able to read and work from manufacturing drawings and schematics
- Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships with other employees, sub-contractors, and customers
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding, results-driven environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point and Project required
- Knowledge of Pathloss 4 or 5 is preferred, but not required
- Must have a strong technical electronics background, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to conduct failure analysis
- Knowledge in concepts, characteristics, capabilities and theoretical design of microwave radio equipment
- Knowledge of the causes of trouble common to microwave systems, and the ability to trace and locate such trouble
- Must be able to pass Nokia certification on Wavence (9500 MPR) Microwave Radios within first 6 months of employment
- Knowledge of the following test equipment: spectrum analyzers, T1 BER testers, power meters, and ethernet network test sets
- Valid driver’s license
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.
No Direct Reports
Must have the ability to travel as needed. (Less than 30%) Some overnight travel may be expected.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.