PROACTIVE KIDS LIFESTYLE COACH
Position Type: Lifestyle Coach manages and executes PAK Lifestyle component - classroom-style mental health lessons focusing on goal setting, communication, body image, self-esteem, stress, and more. It is an open, group approach with handouts, fun exercises, and the building of a strong group dynamic.
Time: 30 hours total over 8 weeks (25 hours of onsite Lifestyle education and 4 hours administration management)
The program starts October 14 - December 6.
You are needed M, W, from 445-530 and F from 520-6. This is NOT FULL TIME. Contract and hourly.
The Lifestyle Coach/ Child Behavior Specialist executes the lifestyle segment of ProActive Kids on Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the 8 week PAK session. They will be dedicated to delivering a consistent and proven, integrated health plan for overweight children.
The Child Behavior Specialist will play an integral role in understanding and working through the personal, societal and peer issues related to obesity and lead sessions that are designed to improve communication, self-confidence and awareness.
The Child Behavior Specialist works under the direction of the program coordinator, executing the PAK Lifestyle component using the PAK curriculum. The Lifestyle Coach will be integrally involved in the execution of the ProActive Kids.
All participants in the ProActive Kids program in Wilmette are part of the Advocate Healthy Active Living program and are patients of the head physician of that program. PAK is the off site fitness, nutrition education and mental health class. Two other positions execute fitness and nutrition.
The Lifestyle Coach will:
- Execute PAK Lifestyle segment (lessons and all associated handouts) Mondays (445-530 pm), Wednesdays (445-530 pm), and Fridays (520-6 pm), for the 8 week session
- Act as key lead for the lifestyle segment of the program
- Foster a safe group environment for participants to explore issues around food, fitness, family, and self.
- Strive for maximum engagement of participants
- Equip participants with the tools needed for lifelong success in the areas of self-esteem, body image, stress management, and coping with feelings
- Handle any concerning issues/pressures directly with parents and bring them to the attention of proper PAK personnel accordingly
- Run a disciplined, open, classroom-style platform for which participants feel comfortable sharing information in an welcoming, non-threatening environment
- Act as a knowledgeable, supportive expert in the area of psychology around child and family issues
- Guarantee a friendly and inviting environment to maximize participant’s experience
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Masters-level therapist, Psychologist, Behavioral Specialist , Social worker or Master Level Student of Psychology
- High Energy / Enthusiasm
- Experience running psycho-educational groups, preferably with kids
- Can work independently and be self-motivated
- Comfortable working with children and families
- Experience in a behavioral health or community setting preferred
- Must have strong communication skills
- Child health/obesity experience a plus
*Visit www.proactivekids.org for more information on the program. Join us on Facebook to follow the current and past sessions.
To apply, send your resume to info@proactive kids.org. ProActive Kids can be reached at 630-681-1558 if you have any questions about the position.
*ABOUT PROACTIVE KIDS
*ProActive Kids Foundation (PAK) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit foundation with a mission of advancing child health and reversing the obesity trend one community at a time. Under the direction of the ProActive Kids Foundation leadership, a respected group of health care, education, nutrition, and athletic leaders, developed ProActive Kids Program for Children Who Struggle With Weight.
ProActive Kids is much more than a simple diet or exercise program. It is a comprehensive, all inclusive program to treat the whole child …physically, nutritionally and emotionally, built around the stability and commitment of family. The program educates children and their families on fun and sustainable ways to improve their health through weekly physical exercises, lessons, assignments and discussions.
This innovative and personal life-changing experience is offered at no charge to children ages 8-14 who are considered obese or at risk.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 /hour
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 /hour
- counseling: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- One location