Brigham and Women's Harbor Medical Associates is part of the Brigham and Women's Physicians Organization and is a multispecialty, primary care practice with more than 65 physicians in our several offices on the South Shore.
You will find our practice culture stimulating and rewarding. We value all our employees and offer comprehensive benefits. We are affiliated with Brigham and Women's Hospital, Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center and South Shore Hospital.
The Medical Assistant will work as a member of the clinical team and support providers by delivering excellent patient care and customer service.
- Sets up and maintains exam/treatment rooms, maintains adequate medical supplies
- Rooms patients and takes vital signs including blood pressure, weight, height, reviews medical history
- Completes tasks assigned in the clinical task boxes in a timely manner
- Operates assigned equipment
- Orders and maintains clinical supplies
- Arrives patient for their appointment
- Advises provider that the patient is ready to be seen
- Coordinate action plan with assigned provider
- Prepares patient for examination and/or treatments
- Assist provider as directed
- Administer, document and enter charges for immunizations
- Assists with calling patients to convey test results
- Obtains prior authorizations
- Participates in daily huddles with providers
- Maintain a professional, courteous, and positive manner with all contacts.
- Work collaboratively in relationships with co-workers
- Participate in achieving common goals
- Share knowledge and expertise willingly
- Offer/lend assistance as needed.
- Convey information clearly in writing and verbally
- Listen with empathy
- Accept constructive criticism/feedback
- Respond to inquiries accurately and in a timely manner
Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Must hold current CPR certification
- Certified Medical Assistant strongly preferred
- Strong clinical skills
- Familiarity with clinical processes and procedures and medical terminology
- Able to perform vital signs, obtain pertinent health information including but not limited to temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, height and weight
- Able to participate in the medication reconciliation processes and related prescription management tasks including prior authorizations
- Knowledge and ability to perform specific procedures and tests appropriate to the clinical setting
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience with Practice Management and Electronic Health Record systems, a plus
- Able to maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Able to communicate with all levels of organization.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work.
- Able to comprehend complex orders
- Strives in a fast-paced environment and stays calm during stressful situations.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations
Brigham and Women’s Physicians Organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Primary Location: MA-Scituate-BPO Scituate
Work Locations: BPO Scituate 56 New Driftway Scituate 02066
Job: Medical Assistant
Organization: Brigham & Women's Physicians Organization(BWPO)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Posted Shift Description: M-F 8:30a-5:00p. Schedule could vary based on needs.
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: BPO Harbor Medical Associates
Job Posting: Sep 11, 2019