The Material Operations Specialist is responsible for the safe handling and processing of aircraft material as required by company, regulatory requirements and best practices. To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company manual, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
- Receiving, binning, shipping and issuing of aircraft parts.
- Create Repair Orders for unserviceable parts as directed by Repairs Department and current contracts.
- Perform Flight Spares Kit inventories.
- Ensure parts are available for daily maintenance workload.
- Process serviceable and unserviceable part returns.
- Perform receiving inspection functions on behalf of Quality Control under the oversight of Material Manager or Supervisor.
- Responsible to execute monthly and weekly tasks as assigned such as Calibration & Shelf-Life review, Cycle/Inventory counts.
- Utilize computer system to maintain and update inventory in a timely manner.
- Monitors shipping and station supplies; advises Supervisor of shortages and requirements.
- Coordinate with Materials on parts required for assigned maintenance tasks at assigned station.
- Frequent: lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of moderately heavy weight objects (up to 70 pounds); controlling or driving materials handling equipment in a congested warehouse environment. Occasional: driving through city traffic to make pick-ups and deliveries or conduct field inventories.
- Additional tasks as assigned by Materials Manager or Supervisor.
- Subject to call back, standby, and working flexible hours, weekends, holidays and extended hours. Determine appropriate stocking levels at all distribution centers and line stations.
- Determine proper rotable spares ownership levels based on desired service levels, removal rates and turn times.
- Calculate reorder points for rotables and expendables at line stations, distribution centers and flight spares kits.
- Assist with PMI reorder point updates.
- Determine part number interchangeability and effectiveness to aircraft when necessary.
- Update PMI Material Master Records and maintain proper documentation and inventory record accuracy.
- Convert planned maintenance activities into material ordering schedules.
- Assist with all PMI Material Planning system implementation and enhancement activities.
- Review Engineering Orders for material requirements and develop a plan to support the implementation schedule.
- Must have clean driving record and possess valid driver license
- Must be able to pass ten-year background check and obtain airport security badge
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with Excel and Outlook.
- One (1) year experience in inventory, warehousing, distribution or related functions preferred.
- Previous airline or MRO experience preferred.
- Previous experience with computer-based inventory systems preferred.