Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 13,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
Acuity’s lighting and building management solutions vary from individual devices to intelligent network systems. With fiscal year 2018 net sales of $3.7 billion, Acuity Brands has operations throughout North America, and in Europe and Asia. Individual devices include lighting controls, lighting components, controllers for various building systems (including HVAC, lighting, shades and access control), power supplies, and prismatic skylights. Among other benefits, intelligent network systems can optimize energy efficiency and comfort as well as enhance the occupant experience for various indoor and outdoor applications, all the while reducing operating costs. We continue to expand our solutions portfolio, including software and services, to provide a host of other economic benefits resulting from data analytics that enables the “Internet of Things” ("IoT") and supports the advancement of smart buildings, smart cities, and the smart grid.
We're seeking a talented and enthusiastic Specification Sales Manager with a proven track record in growing specification sales in the electrical industry. The Specification Sales Manager will ensure Acuity Brands products and solutions are specified and sold within a central Canada territory. As well as be responsible for significantly increasing agency business with assigned Architects, Engineers, Lighting Designers and owners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides training product, related technologies, and sales strategies to agency personnel to stimulate sales.
- Participates with agency personnel in joint sales calls on architects, engineers, and owners to secure product specifications for the stimulation of sales.
- Participates with agency personnel in joint sales calls on owners, property developers, facility managers to develop opportunities and to close sales.
- Engages customer service challenges with escalations to engineering, post sales, tech support to maintain effective communication with each and timely service to agencies and their customers.
- Promotes products - features, functions, and benefits - at trade shows and other industry-related meetings to stimulate sales.
- Develops sales training and product presentation tools to equip agency personnel to increase sales.
- Manage territory opportunity funnel and competitive analysis and participate in ABS Lean process, develop countermeasures and report out monthly
- University or College graduate
- Valid driver’s license
- Late model vehicle
- Minimum 3 years’ experience calling on consultants
- Lighting and lighting controls experience will be preferred
- Ability to travel within Canada and the United States of America approximately 50% on the time
We invite you to apply to this role and join our winning
- Team Mindset
- Personal Leadership
- Business Analytics
- Consultative Solution Seller
- Achieves Business Results
- Strategic Focus & Direction
- Formal Selling
- Technical Aptitude
- Sedentary Work
- Medium work
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (770) 922-9000.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.