Burcham Hills is a not-for-profit, Life Plan Community, which
simply means everything a resident or client needs for every phase
of life – all in one location. We are located on 38 beautiful acres
and provide our residents and clients security and a peace of mind
by offering a complete continuum of care. Burcham Hills is the name
mid-Michigan has trusted for over 45 years.
At Burcham Hills, it is our quest to employ positive staff who are searching for opportunities to give great care and recognize the value of delighting residents and clients. We offer the following benefits to our dedicated team of employees: Competitive pay based on your experience, Free Parking, in-house gym and wellness program, Holiday pay and shift/weekend premium pay \, Generous tuition reimbursement\*, Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and 401(k) programs with a discretionary match\* and a generous paid-time off package\* and many other benefits that are available. (\*For eligible employees)*
Everyone will receive support from an experienced interdisciplinary team committed to quality outcomes, on-the-job training, CEUs and skills development training. We are committed to creating a team that reflects society as a whole, while striving for a culture of excellence. Finding and hiring that talent ensures our current and future success. We always have opportunities for career advancement and we are pleased to be an equal opportunity employer.
Part Time 3rd Shift Position Available. Must be available for some weekends and holidays.
Provide floor care and occasional maintenance throughout the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform floor care
- Perform thorough floor cleaning on various floor surfaces within community, using floor scrubber, broom, vacuum, etc.
- Conduct mechanical and security rounds/ Inspections
- Conduct hourly safety rounds of entire building throughout shift to ensure all doors are locked/unlocked or opened/closed appropriately.
- Ensure safety of all entrances, including snow and ice removal.
- Perform checks, corrections or report concerns immediately.
- Assist with Maintenance/Projects
- Perform general maintenance upon request, including minor plumbing repairs and electrical repairs.
- Work with appropriate staff to recommend or plan repairs, improvements, etc. for maintenance-related areas.
- Assist other departments with emergent situations.
The essential functions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience with general maintenance functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and communicate with team members, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Ability to work in a multi-faceted role.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willing to perform functions that may involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or infectious waste.
- Ability to work extended or flexible hours, as necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe working procedures.
Job Type: Part-time