Job Description Summary
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
The Mail Room Clerk is responsible for opening, sorting, and prepping all incoming mail for image scanning and the storage and purging of these documents.
Background & Experience Required:
- Maintains an understanding of the Enrollment and Eligibility processes and policies.
- Maintains updated knowledge of project and corporate policies and procedures as referenced in the employee manual and other desk procedures for the position.
- Receives and opens mail.
- Sorts and preps mail, such as applications, returned mail and verification documents for scanning.
- Uses separator sheets to differentiate certain parts of mail.
- Creates batches to prepare for transition to document scanning.
- Images documents using scanners.
- Stores documents after scanning in controlled secure storage room.
- Uses designated work instructions to execute routine and repetitive tasks.
- Meets all performance requirements associated with image assembly processes.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED
Background & Experience Required:
- 0 – 2 years of experience
- Ability to sort, file, and process material in an expeditious manner.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Ability to follow instructions and perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to regularly attend work at various shift times as assigned.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- General PC/keyboarding skills; 5000 KSPH preferred.
- Position may require ability to bend and lift moderate weight.
- Experience using a PC and other office equipment.
- Previous mailroom experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process the incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain updated knowledge of project and corporate policies and procedures as referenced in the employee manual and other desk procedures for the position.
- Receive sort and opens mail.
- Prepare mail, such as applications, returned mail and verification documents for scanning.
- Print documents such as appeals, MI, Immigration for out bound mailing and prep and scan.
- Create batches to prepare for transition to document scanning, including using appropriate separator sheets. Image documents using scanners. Store documents after scanning in controlled secure storage room.
- Operate mailroom equipment including letter opener, sorter, shredder, postage meter, imaging/scanning equipment, etc.
- Ensure mailroom and scanning equipment are maintained according to schedule and in good operating order and notify the Operations Manager of any equipment problems or failures immediately upon identification.
- High School diploma with 0-2 years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, with responsibilities easily learned on the job.
- Acquires job skills and learns applicable policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Able to read, understand & perform assignments within prescribed guidelines.
- Communicates routine information in a clear and accurate way with internal & external contacts.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.