PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to receive, sort and distribute mail and packages across the Lowe's campus. This includes responsibility for assisting with mailing of bi-weekly payroll, handling all mail, performing manual duties, operating mail· processing machines, and inspecting and alerting Security of any suspicious items.
- Receives and sorts incoming and outcoming mail and packages according to postal regulations
- Assists with timely mailing of payroll checks to employees and Accounts Payable checks to ensure appropriate distribution
- Distributes incoming mail and packages in a timely manner to the specific individuals or departments they are addressed to
- Keeps records of all mail and packages received using Lowe’s system to identify date of receipt and where and whom it was sent to
- Ensures mail and packages are not tampered with until they reach their rightful owners
- Weighs, stamps and makes arrangements for outgoing mail and packages
- Ensures proper tracking/shipping records are maintained for all mail and packages
- Conducts end-to-end pickup with courier services, UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Operates/troubleshoots office machines to ensure that they are working correctly
- Supports communication between the mailing room and the rest of the organization by answering inquiries from employees regarding tracking information, postal rates, package shipment methods, etc.
- Education Level – H.S. Diploma
- Years of Experience – 1-2 yrs. Experience in a mail room
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.