- Rate 22.99 .50 night shift differential
- Life Insurance
- BC/BS Medical – starting on date of hire
- Fit for Life – preventive health care
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Quarterly Pay for Performance bonus
- Flex Spending Account
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile, who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. The cooperative's cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees in nearly 20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, colleagues, and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our employees are our best asset and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative, passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world.
The position is located at our manufacturing facility in Middleboro, MA.
We have positions available on our night shift. Night shift is from 6pm to 6am on a rotating schedule—3 days (36 hours Sun, Wed, Thur) every-other week; 4 days (48 hours Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat) every-other week.
- Will be forklift certified.
- Handles heavy materials manually.
- Operates all equipment associated with blending/batching and transferring fruit, flavors, essences, juices, premixes, and concentrates according to Current Best Methods in manual or automatic mode.
- Supports all blending/batching and associated tasks for premixes, copacking activity, or materials being shipped.
- Must perform all quality and sensory tests involved in production of products.
- Draws samples and records cranberry juice and/or brix color for use in production of cranberry drinks, premixes, tankers, SDCs or other ingredients according to all quality parameters and specifications within the Current Best Methods.
- Maintains records of material receipts, usage, and returns.
- Loads and/or unloads tank trucks of juices, concentrates, premixes, flavors, sweeteners, etc.
- Takes samples on incoming/outgoing juices, concentrates, premixes, sweeteners, and fruit as necessary.
- Maintains records and takes inventories as necessary.
- Performs routine maintenance of equipment.
- Must be able to clean and sanitize all equipment associated with blending/batching, SDCs, transferring, tanker loading, tanker unloading, and perform other related duties as necessary.
- Maintains records as necessary.
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must successfully complete appropriate testing.
- Manufacturing experience or mechanical aptitude a plus.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts on a rotating schedule.
- Must be able to lift low to medium weight (10-30 pounds) on a regular basis and heavy weight (40-50 pounds) on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to adhere to all plant safety and quality procedures.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time during 12-hour shift.
- Ability to climb ladders and traverse catwalks.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills required to work in a team environment.
- Good personal hygiene is expected.
- Ability to detect differences in color shades and brightness
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.