We are looking for an Agronomy Location Manager to plan and direct the marketing of the location’s Agronomy products and services offered by the cooperative to area producers through a team effort. Responsible for managing a full-service Agronomy operation, including dry and liquid fertilizer, seed, seed treatment, crop protection products and custom application. Establish strategic marketing plans to achieve company objectives for Agronomy products & services.
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Develop and manage agronomy location operating budget.
- Evaluate and recommend distribution channel development programs.
- Work with Agronomy Dept. Manager to negotiate contract terms & conditions for all product and major services.
- Oversee development and production of promotional and collateral materials.
- Work with Sales Manager and Agronomy Dept. Manager in product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio & market share in relation to preset standards & industry & economic trends.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives fall within designated budgets.
- Ongoing communication with General Manager, Location Managers, and Sales Manager to monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current & new product concepts; provide feedback for future product development.
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to senior management.
- Establish & maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Work with sales manager and other key positions on programs, pricing and overall strategy for the Agronomy division.
- 4-year degree in Agronomy, Ag Econ, Ag Business, Ag Ed, Ag engineering, Soil or Weed Science. (6 years related job experience may substitute for education)
- 5 years industry experience.
- Experience in Agronomy Operations and/or Agronomy Sales
- Supervisory experience
Take the next step in your career.