What you should know about the role
The most essential function of this position is to assist the credit union members in experiencing the advantage. This is accomplished by providing outstanding sales and service to both internal and external members as defined by our Sales and Service Promises and Standards as well as living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People at the Core. The Lending Support Specialist II will provide a wide range of support for all post-closing loan activities. This will include working with internal and external members via phone, chat and support tickets to resolve loan related issues, processing the documentation and loan file maintenance as required. They will be required to maintain an in-depth knowledge of the credit unions loan and ancillary products and related processes. Additional duties will include the monitoring of collateral to ensure that the credit union’s lien position has been perfected. They will need to develop knowledge of titling requirements for the various municipalities that the credit union operates in.
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
As a Lending Support Specialist II, you will have opportunities to:
- Be an important part of a fun, friendly and fast-paced team.
- Have a large and tangible impact on members lives as well as branch performance.
- Get creative to find extraordinary ways to support internal and external members.
Skills & Experience
- Monitor ECM payments to ensure proper posting.
- Resolve tickets submitted through the department Help Desk and other related systems. Prepare and process documentation and loan file maintenance as required. Communicate with internal and external members on resolutions.
- Responsible for collateral management which may include: monitoring collateral for new loans to ensure that the credit union’s liens have been perfected, scanned, filed and recorded receipt of collateral documentation, process releases of collateral for paid loans and troubleshoot collateral issues with internal and external members.
- File, and/or assist internal and external members in the filing of, claims for the various ancillary/insurance products offered by the credit union. This would include Collateral Protection (CPI), Debt Protection and GAP. Ensure claim payments are posted timely and correctly.
- Assist internal and external members in the addition or cancellation of ancillary/ insurance products. Process associated loan file maintenance and submissions to insurance companies. Provide education to internal and external members on the operation of the insurance products. Assist members in claim filing or obtaining refunds on insurance products sold as part of an indirect loan transaction.
- Manage the placement of CPI. Review the periodic billing to establish proper placement. Monitor storage and other waivers to ensure that collateral is properly protected. Work with members and their insurance companies in the event collateral is determined to be a total loss. Confirm that insurance settlements are properly valued. Provide letters of guarantee to insurance companies when required. Communicate with members on the process and educate them on their responsibilities.
- Provide payoff statements. Process payments, payoffs and returned payments.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to find solutions for members and provide them with financial advantages.
- Touch all aspects of lending and servicing loans, have a direct impact on members of the credit union. This may include quality control on loan documents processed by member-facing staff and working with the employees to retrieve proper documentation.
- Be a part of a team that focuses on driving progress, building relationships and keeping people at the core in everything that they do.
- Provide internal member support and education regarding the Symitar Loan Record, ancillary/insurance products and other general loan process and product questions via phone and Output Messenger.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work both indoors in climate-controlled environment and outside in sometimes inclement weather.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions under independently and with limited supervision. And work effectively as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations with extreme accuracy. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under stress of deadline, requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time. Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
A high school degree or equivalent
A minimum of one year up to three years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
Courtesy and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with customers and others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring. Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.