COGENCY GLOBAL, INC.
THE RIGHT RESPONSE
AT THE RIGHT TIME,
Legal Research Attorney
New York, N.Y.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Flexible Hours: 8 AM – 4 PM or 9 AM – 5 PM
Are you looking for a company committed to integrity, fairness, and fun? Are you in search of a corporate culture that fosters career development and values work-life balance? Would you like to be a part of a fantastic, growing International team? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have a position you should apply for!
COGENCY GLOBAL INC. is looking for a Legal Research Attorney with 0-3 years of experience to join our Legal Research team. This role will provide the right candidate who enjoys legal research and writing an opportunity to further an alternative legal career at a rapidly expanding global company.
- Track and analyze federal and state legislation related to business entity law
- Identify changes to the requirements in all 50 states and the District of Columbia for forming, merging, maintaining, qualifying and dissolving business entities
- Perform in-depth analysis of statutes and case law related to perfection and priority of security interests governed by Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code
- Write blog articles and white papers on numerous and varied industry-related topics
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Government Relations, EVP of Business Development, General Counsel, and others
- Create and present Continuing Legal Education seminars and webinars on industry-related topics
- Support the Director of Government Relations by developing and maintaining solid relationships with business entity filing office administrators throughout the United States
The ideal candidate has/is:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school, and licensed to practice law (or pending license) in any one of the United States
- 1-2 yrs. experience in or, related to, business entity transactional law a plus
- Excellent legal research and analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A self-starter, takes initiative in identifying opportunities / issues and recommends actions
- Experience in public speaking/giving presentations a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, solid interpersonal skills
COGENCY GLOBAL INC. is a professional registered agent company that provides nationwide and international corporate, secured transactions, business license, real property, court, agency and library services for all industries, including the nonprofit sector. Established in 1980, COGENCY GLOBAL is qualified to act as registered agent in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and provides statutory representation and process agent services for tens of thousands of companies across the country. The company also offers registered agent, corporate and secured transaction services in many other countries throughout the world. With full-service offices in key cities from coast to coast in the U.S. and offices in Hong Kong and the United Kingdom, COGENCY GLOBAL has become a global resource for its customers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Entity Transactional Law: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master's (Required)