Title: Lecturer, CC (Science)
Hiring Unit: Natural Sciences
Location: Windward Community College
Date Posted: April 28, 2020
Closing Date: Continuous
Salary: Minimum $1600/per credit hour
Summer 2020, part-time, for lecturer applicant pool. Non-tenurial, pending availability of funds, and actual staffing requirements. This includes Early College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses in the discipline and/or interdisciplinary studies.
- Maintain minimum of one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Prepare course syllabus and reports related to teaching and student progress
- Work under supervision of discipline coordinator/division chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- May include instructional assignments involving distance education.
- Master's in appropriate Science area, i.e., Master's in any biological science for any biological science courses, or Master's in any physical science for any physical science courses, or the equivalent.
- All minimum qualifications must be from a regionally accredited institution and met by the effective date of appointment. If qualified applicants are not available, those not meeting the minimum qualifications may be considered on an exception basis.
- Teaching experience at a community college level.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners and communicate clearly.
- Familiarity with competency-based instruction and behavioral objectives.
Application Submission: Click on the "Apply" button on the top right corner of the screen to complete an application and attach required documents. Documents include:
- Graduate and undergraduate transcript(s) showing degree and course work to date appropriate to the position (Copies of transcripts are acceptable; however, original official transcripts will be required at the time of hire. Academic record/grade summaries will NOT be accepted. Diplomas and copies will NOT be accepted.). Transcripts issued from an institution outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from an agency having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc., verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within in the USA. Expense of the evaluation shall be borne by the applicant.
- One-page cover letter explaining how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications.
Separate documents and application materials must be submitted for each position. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please REDACT references to social security numbers and birth date on submitted documents. All requested documents/information become the property of Windward Community College and will not be returned. Note: If you have not applied for a position before using NEOGOV, you will need to create an account.