What we are looking for
What you do
Wehner Multifamily is looking for a creative and skilled leasing agent that will be responsible for effectively implementing our leasing and marketing programs. This position will work closely with managment to promote a positive image of the apartment community and to assist with resident programs and retention.
What you need for this job
The duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned:
- Assist Property Manager in establishing and attaining daily leasing and renewal goals.
- Show model and vacant units to prospects.
- Assist in the overall marketing efforts and offer input and suggestions.
- Assure that the leasing office, model, property appearance and curb appeal is acceptable and apartments are ready to show to prospective residents.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the apartment community, amenities and community.
- Provide a daily inspection of show apartments and model appearance.
- Process applications and leases in a timely manner.
- Produce reports in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- Maintain organized community office files.
- Assist in the inspections of vacant apartments and takes appropriate action to prepare them for leasing.
- Stay informed and comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the Operations.
- Adhere to and comply with company safety policies and rules and utilize safety appliances, as required.
- Ensure compliance with Wehner Multifamily Company policy, as well as federal and local regulations.
- Participate move in and move out processes with tenants assuring that all items are completed.
- Works to achieve maximum performance based upon annual goals to increase revenue and other income.
- Ensure that all applicable deposits, rents, and other fees and ancillary revenues are collected and deposited.
- Participate in marketing efforts to increase occupancy and effectiveness.
- Ensure that an adequate number of units are market ready.
- Assist and ensure all customer complaints are handled promptly and appropriately.
What we would love to see
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- High school education or equivalent is required; college degree is a plus but not a requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Excellent organization and multitasking skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexibility with work schedule to include working overtime on a periodic basis.
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Moderate to high stress level.
- Moderate noise level.
- Occasional standing and lifting of at least 10 pounds.
- Must be able to tour the community with clients, which includes walking the property and climbing stairs.
- Experience in residential property management or related field is required.
- Related business/industry (real estate / property management) experience desirable.
- Superior customer service skills and professionalism under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize work and attention to detail.
- Ability to fluently read and write English, accurately use all on-site resident management software functions.
Wehner Multifamily (WMF) is a full-service property management company on a mission to establish honest and competent management services for B & C class apartment communities. We attribute our consistent growth over the past decade to staffing our company properly, leveraging innovative technology and keeping our finger on the operational pulse of each asset.
We add value through renovating unit interiors, repairing deferred maintenance, and supplying honest and competent employees to foster a desirable, profitable community.
Wehner Multifamily (WMF) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, military service, veteran status, disability, genetic information, age and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Wehner Multifamily (WMF) is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
WMF is an E-Verify participant.