We have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Assistant. Service excellence is to be centered on patient care and patient relationships and is the responsibility of all employees. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members. This individual serves all (internal and external) customers by performing laboratory procedures and support functions in accordance with HealthPartners philosophy, policies and procedures and in accordance with all regulatory agencies.
Join our growing organization on our exciting mission to improve health and wellbeing! At HealthPartners, you will find a culture of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together in the spirit of partnership, we will improve health and wellbeing, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable. Picture yourself at HealthPartners and imagine the future successes we could achieve together!
1. Collect and process biological specimens with appropriate techniques following established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
2. Perform testing analysis and verify assay/analyzer performance according to SOP in an efficient cost effective manner. Any combination of the following areas may be included: Phlebotomy, computer operation, EKG, reception, telephones, clerical and designated testing procedures
3. Document and communicate lab test results thoroughly and accurately according to SOP.
4. Perform and document maintenance procedures plus maintain adequate supplies.
5. Demonstrate competency and comply with all regulatory agency policies.
6. Consistently implement and adhere to the laboratory customer service standards. The standards include maintaining confidentiality, promoting teamwork, successful communication and conflict resolution.
7. Respond proactively to stressful circumstances, customer needs and department/clinic changes.
8. Demonstrate professional development through participation in continuing education, special projects and community / corporate / professional organizations. Demonstrate personal development through dependability, professional appearance and cooperative attitude.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year computer navigation and computer experience with Microsoft Office products (Word and Outlook) or comparable applications.
- Typing or keyboarding skills.
- Promote teamwork through demonstration of a courteous and cooperative attitude to all customers.
- Six months of related medical training, medical terminology or related experience.
- Previous phlebotomy experience.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for job ID #53736.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.