EVIO Labs is an industry leader working to protect public health and safety while supporting local cannabis producers and processors with analytical testing, product formulation, and educational services. Not only do we know chemistry, we know the cannabis industry. Our team consists of an ever-evolving and expanding group of scientists, researchers, engineers, educators, business owners and experienced cannabis industry veterans. Our labs already serve thousands of cultivators, product manufacturers and dispensaries and retailers across Oregon, California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Florida and Canada.
We pride ourselves in maintaining a collaborative environment where our teams support and work together cohesively. We work hard, but we believe in having a good time doing it! This is a unique opportunity to join an ancillary services company at the front lines of the changing cannabis industry and contribute to the ability of consumers to receive safe, clean cannabis. Be part of the EVIO family, a group of talented people who are driven, embrace change, and our mission to improving quality of life through passion, science & innovation.
Reporting to the Laboratory Director, Laboratory Testing Analysts prepare and analyze samples of plant, concentrate, and edible products. Analytical work involves data interpretation for purposes of determining cannabinoid potency, presence of residual solvents, microbiological contamination, moisture content, heavy metal contamination and presence of mycotoxins. Analysts will be required to interpret analytical data, prepare and review reports, work with the Laboratory Director to perform experiments and method validations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sample preparation and analysis using HPLC/MS, GC/MS, ICPMS, RTPCR.
- Monitor instrument performance and diagnose performance issues
- Perform Mass Spectrometry analysis
- Utilize Laboratory Inventory Management System (LIMS) and other sample reporting
- Comply with Quality Assurance program and other company policies
- Adhere to safety standards and employ Current Good Laboratory Practice
- Other duties and tasks may be determined by the laboratory director or supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- Laboratory Analyst must hold a bachelor's degree in one of the chemical or biological sciences from an accredited college or university, or have completed at least 2 years of college coursework from an accredited college or university and at least 1 year of full-time, non-education-related practical experience in a laboratory performing analytical scientific testing in which the testing methods are or were recognized by an accrediting body.
- Candidates with Mass Spectrometry experience preferred
- Highly detail oriented and organized, critical eye for optimizing workflows
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task, effectively manage changing priorities and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork and collaborate effectively on projects and tasks with supervisor and co-workers
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to gather information and develop solutions
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties
- Ability to demonstrate professional, positive attitude toward assigned tasks, projects and colleagues
- Facility with office and laboratory computer applications
- Accredited laboratory environment requires strict adherence to safety and Quality Assurance protocols.
- Must be 21 years old
- Background check required
Benefits and Perks
- Vacation, Health Benefits, Paid Holidays, Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan