JOB POSTING – Clinical IVF Embryologist
RMA Long Island IVF, Long Island’s premiere fertility center with 6 locations on Long Island has an immediate opening for a clinical IVF embryologist in our Melville, NY location.
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a position for an embryologist with clinical experience in Human Assisted Reproduction techniques to perform embryology laboratory services in accordance with ASRM Practice Guidelines, SART and CAP.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Study and review Embryology and Andrology Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures Manual and become familiar with quality assurance, quality control, safety procedures, and operating guidelines for performing laboratory services.
- Study and review OSHA requirements.
- Participate in laboratory operations and laboratory services.
- Work cooperatively with a multidisciplinary team to provide good patient care, while meeting the objectives and goals of the practice.
- Attend practice and department meetings as requested.
- Work weekends and holidays as scheduled, inclusive on-call responsibilities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Become proficient with the IT technology/software and electronic medical record used to support the clinical and laboratory processes and procedures.
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping all patient information confidential per clinic and HIPAA standards.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND PERFORMANCE FACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
- Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 year experience in Assisted Reproductive Technologies with proven experience in micromanipulation.
- Proven ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work in a high standard, stressful environment.
- Ability to communicate accurately and concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)