Plow & Hearth is seeking a motivated individual to join our IT Help Desk Support Team. The IT Service Desk Coordinator is a great opportunity for someone with excellent customer service, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills who is interested in expanding their IT Help Desk Support experience.
Service Desk Coordinator should be an outgoing and confident person with a friendly helpful personality. Should be eager and willing to help people to sort out their problems. Should have multitasking ability and be ready to work in a fast paced work environment. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills would prove to be an advantage. Should be able to follow given instructions carefully and should be comfortable working in a team environment. Excellent communication skills with effective organization skills is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Service Desk coordinator is responsible for providing support and assistance to internal users on a company-wide service desk application, coordinates and answers calls and emails via trouble ticket requests, troubleshoot and diagnose IT issues involving multi-platform environments, multi-software applications, hardware configurations, and devices. Researches the basic cause of the problem and makes sure that it does not reoccur frequently. Escalates the problem to the next level if he/she is unable to resolve it at his/her level. Below are a few of the key responsibilities that need to be handled by a help desk coordinator in information technology:
- Provides immediate first-level support and a single point of contact for Information Technology (IT) problems. Answers all service requests received through phone, emails, walk ins, etc., and ensures that proper delivery of the services as per the rules and regulations of the organization as well as by abiding to its quality of service standards.
- To assess and analyze the problem, to study its impact and to advise on the proper supportive functions that are necessary.
- To recognize the problem areas, to gather the relevant information, and to conduct a thorough research to diagnose the source or the root cause of the issue.
- To recommend adjustments to meet the end users requirements and assist in determining, maintaining, analyzing, identifying and monitoring the issues related to problem management.
- To keep a track record of all the relevant documentation and to make sure effective contribution is made to improvise the operational procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
The requirements listed below represent the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, to perform jobfunction:
- Education: Associates Degree or higher preferably with an IT/Computer Science focus
- 1-2 years of Help Desk experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products such as Win20xx Server platforms, Win7/10Pro, Office365 etc
- Knowledge of VoIP/ telecommunications, Contact Center and Warehouse Operational tech support
- Astute attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Able to communicate effectively via written and verbal mediums
- Proven ability to manage time amongst shifting priorities in a fast-paced IT environment
- Ability to function effectively independently and work successfully on teams
This is a full time position. Must be ready to work in flexible or rotating on call shifts depending on the work load and must be ready to do the assigned duties whenever there is a call. He/she must be comfortable working under stressful work conditions and must be able to deal with sometimes demanding users.