The Excelsior Group, a growing Property Management/Investment company, is looking for a full-time Investment Analyst to join our team at our corporate office, in St. Louis Park.
This position will be responsible for a diverse set of duties within a dynamic and fast-growing real estate firm, with primary responsibility for providing analytical support for the firm’s existing portfolio and potential new investments. The position encompasses many aspects of real estate investment, including acquiring, operating, leasing, financing, and selling real estate investments in the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Model property cash flow projections using Argus and Excel.
- Create and maintain financial models for prospective acquisition opportunities and currently owned assets.
- Calculate investment returns for various joint venture partnership structures.
- Model and sensitize leasing, financing, and buy/sell scenarios.
- Support the team in onboarding new investments, reviewing due diligence information, coordinating third party reports, and closing transactions.
- Attend site visits, market tours, and meetings with brokers, contractors, and owners.
- Analyze and interpret property and guarantor financial information.
- Evaluate companies (tenants) and their business models, financials, current conditions, and business plans.
- Review and prepare leasing and management reports; participate in leasing meetings.
- Review and summarize lease documents and other due diligence materials.
- Obtain updates from various departments to update fund cash flow projections.
- Participate in the property budget and strategic plan processes.
- Summarize property and fund activity and create various materials for investors.
- Analyze market data and implement information into property projections.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualification Standards
- Bachelor’s degree required; Finance, Real Estate or related field preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience in real estate or related field preferred.
- Proficiency in Argus and Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel, with the willingness and ability to learn new and evolving technology as necessary.
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of basic finance and real estate concepts.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- High level of personal and professional integrity, including ability to protect and maintain sensitive and confidential investor and property information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to read and interpret information as well as communicate effectively with all levels of employees, clients, and vendors.
- Proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner with a well-developed sense of urgency, high attention to detail, and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently organize, coordinate, track, and complete multiple tasks as well as adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to travel within the metro area for business related tasks. Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to follow instructions, respond well to management direction, receive feedback, and take accountability for work product.
- Alignment with our core values, including passion for the position’s responsibilities, demonstrable humility and commitment to learning, high level of personal and professional integrity, commitment to excellence, a positive disposition, and the ability to take initiative and make effective recommendations.
- Follow and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to be flexible, receptive, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to maintain punctual, regular, and reliable attendance.
- Ability to read, write, spell, speak, and understand English fluently.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Our Vision: To be the most admired real estate firm in the markets where we do business.
Our Mission: To provide innovative real estate solutions that create measurable value for our stakeholders.
Our Core Values: Excellence, Integrity, Initiative, Humility, Positivity, and Passion.
Voted one of the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal's 2018 Best Places to Work.
We offer a competitive salary, full benefits package, and performance incentive plan.
The Excelsior Group is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.