Inventory Receiving Clerk
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Retail Store Manager
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Retail Store Manager, the Inventory Receiver is responsible for the accurate checking-in and pricing of all store stock shipped to Healdsburg Lumber Company. They must ensure that all inventory is stored and handled in a safe, secure and organized manner. Inventory is the single largest asset of HLC and effective management of this position is critical to the success of the company.
In addition to this overview of job duties, other assignments or job duties may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Ensure that all Vendor shipping documents are accurate. Necessary changes must be indicated on the paperwork so invoices may be verified and processed by the Accounting Department for payment.
- Properly distribute all incoming merchandise. Ensure that regular stock is merchandised immediately. Ensure special orders are properly labeled, organized and monitored and Customer is notified of delivery. Rotate stock so the oldest merchandise is the first to sell. Inspect price tags to ensure product is accurately labeled.
- Learn and Operate SPRUCE software to run price tags and properly receive inventory.
- Maintain the Receiving Room and Truck Dock areas in a neat and orderly manner to allow for an uninterrupted flow of incoming and outgoing stock. Ensure product is moved forward and secured in Truck Dock area. Inform Retail Store Manager of any excessive stock situations before they create a storage problem in the warehouse.
- Empty the trash and recycle bins in the Receiving Department daily and sweep the Receiving and Truck Dock as needed to maintain a clean, organized and professional appearance.
- Work in a safety conscious manner at all times. Follow all safety regulations and security guidelines. Actively contribute to work safety and security.
- Maintain a safe, clean and pleasant work environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED Equivalent or High School Summer Student.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
- Ability to operate computer software using a keyboard and mouse or another pointing device.
- Ability to understand and communicate written and spoken information and ideas.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to lift, carry and maneuver goods that may weigh 50 pounds, utilizing additional personnel and mechanical assistance as required.
- Ability to courteously and professionally interact with our Customers.
- Ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to keep up to-date technically and apply new knowledge to job.
- Ability to manage work time efficiently.
GENERAL JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
Employees must meet the following general job performance standards:
· Knowledge of Work – possess and utilize knowledge of the job which is essential to performance of the specific function and related work.
· Quantity of Work – accomplish an appropriate volume of satisfactory work under normal conditions. Ability to produce results
· Quality of Work – Consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness, neatness and dependability to produce work within acceptable standards.
· Timeliness – Complete assignments on or ahead of schedule.
· Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team environment by balancing team and individual goals; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views’ give and welcome feedback and put the success of the team above own self-interests.
· Communication – Demonstrate relevance and clarity of written and oral expression. Express ideas clearly and demonstrate effective listening skills, exchange of ideas and information in interactions with co-workers, senior management and customers.
· Job Commitment – Show initiative and willingness to accept responsibility. Perform expected and unexpected tasks, demonstrating tenacity in completing tasks. Willingly exert extra effort when necessary to get the job done without being directed to do so.
· Attendance & Punctuality – Is consistently at work, on time and prepared to work; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrive to meetings and appointment on time.
· Accountability - Provide accountability, ownership and follow-through on all work responsibilities including project oversight, time management, and interactions with co-workers, management and others.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working condition described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Variations of conditions may occur under certain circumstances.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job; the employee is regularly required to use hand to fingers, handle, or feel; the employee will constantly talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close viewing, peripheral and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment. There is a risk of electrical shock. The noise level in work environment is usually Moderate to Noisy and the ability to work in various weather from hot to cold including rain.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
To Keep our Customers and Staff safe, Healdsburg Lumber has adopted Sonoma County regulations which include employees wearing MASKS during work hours, training on how to stop the spread of COVID-19, and have instituted safety measures to stop the spread.
- relatable: 1 year (Preferred)
- Healdsburg, CA 95448 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible