IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About Tarrant County
Tarrant County has long proved a magnet for families and young professionals looking to plant roots and create a home. Dallas-Fort Worth is ranked as #18 on the Best Places to Live list from U.S. News & World Report.
This fast-growing region has experienced a larger jump in its student population than any other North Texas County. Tarrant County is now home to nearly 400,000 school aged children, and growth is expected to continue for years to come. IDEA Achieve and IDEA Rise first opened their doors in August of 2019 to support the educational landscape in closing the gap for college matriculation.
Only 10% of Tarrant County students attend and complete college while IDEA alumni have a record of 41% matriculation. Changing this statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Role Mission: The Human Resources (HR) clerk provides administrative support to IDEA Public Schools Human Resources Department by partnering with the Regional Human Resources Manager to provide excellent customer service to all employees, respond to their questions/concerns via the HR Call Support Center (Zendesk) , assist with leave management, assist with worker’s compensation claims, assist with unemployment claims and reporting on HR data. The ideal candidate must be analytical, detail-oriented and must have great communication skills.Previous experience in HR or experience in other administrative tasks in a educational setting is preferred.
- 90% employee satisfaction rate for on exit survey for HR customer service
- Monitor HR Call Support Center (Zendesk) and ensure tickets are acknowledged within 12-hours and assign accordingly
- Answer questions employees have or refer them to the appropriate department
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping HR information confidential
- Respond to staff requests for Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment Claims within 48-hours or sooner
- Send/complete paperwork for leave or on the job injury
- Ensure the HR data tracker is updated when leave I taken
- Track leave time in the system
- Ensure all the paperwork is complete and accurate prior to leave approval
- Answer questions employees have or refer them to the Regional HR Manager
- 100% regulatory compliance for all state/federal authorizers and regulatory agencies
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
- Maintaining records related to grievances and disciplinary actions
- Assist with audits as assigned
- Special projects to enable IDEA Public Schools to remain complaint in all areas of our work
- Live Values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA’s core values
- High school diploma required
- Associates or Bachelor’s preferred
- Experience in HR a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of how to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Proficiency skills in keyboarding and file maintenance required.
- Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner required.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate information to individuals and groups
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Ability to perform under immense pressure
- Ability to learn software programs and system processes with ease
- Efficient computer skills with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
Salaries for this role typically fall between $ 13.08/hour and $16.35/hour, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience.